News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Re: Pumpkin Pie in the Sky Dreams (with pics)
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 09:51:38 AM »
Eric....some words of advice....when you have a nice piece of open space that enhances the area where you live, you and your neighbors should do all you can to preserve it...I don't know how many times we had people come before the city council to protest a development at the last minute....complaining they did not know the land was going to be developed....complaining that the land has been open space forever and a great place to walk the dog, etc....well if it's been right there under your nose for so long and you have done nothing to secure it, don't complain when the landowner decides to do something...

So...talk with him about a conservation easement....maybe with a local land trust....second, farm land is disappearing just as the move to buying local food is taking off...perhaps this land has potential for some local farming?  Lastly, 1200 acres is a pretty good size chunk of land...it looks as if it has many resources and could attract lots of "friends".....perhaps those friends could come up with a plan for multi-use that EXCLUDES housing???
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tim Bert

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:50 AM »
Eric,

I do this all the time.  Yesterday I found a nice property just off of exit 148 on I-40.  I took a quick detour from 148 to 143 because there was an accident or something holding up traffic.  There is a little rarely traveled loop of backroads.  There was some really nice looking meadows with some long grass and a nice natural mix of rolling hills and mini mountains, as well as open terrain.  For a couple miles, there were for sale signs on the opposite side of the road, but it was mostly wooded and hard to get a look from the road.  I might have stopped to take some pictures, but my wife and kids probably would have flipped!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »
The drive to the four corners from Albuquerque is great too.  Plenty of future golf course sites there!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back