News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

British Aerial 8
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
These have been too easy. This is, I hope I'm correct in saying, one of only two courses by this designer in England.

Ben Stephens

Re: British Aerial 8
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »
This architect's other course is Moor Allerton in Leeds. This course is nr London just inside M25 corridor.

Marc Haring

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:56:13 PM »
RTJ

Stockley Park?

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »
RTJ

Stockley Park?

Bingo.  Ironically the only one I knew straight away.

I really liked this course and will go back.  Lovely, big, interesting greens and great variety in the holes.  Good value but can be slow to play.

Is there  a practice area that the first winds around? Looks like it on the aerial - they keep it very quiet in the clubhouse.

I thought RTJ had something to do with Celtic Manor?
Let's make GCA grate again!

Marc Haring

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »
RTJ

Stockley Park?

He did but as that one is in Wales and mark stated they were in England, I didn't like to mention it. He did the Roman Road course.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »
RTJ

Stockley Park?

Looking again I see you  correct Marc, good to see you back.  Bradley Anderson has been asking interesting questions about the original grassing of heathland courses and I was hoping you see them.

He did but as that one is in Wales and mark stated they were in England, I didn't like to mention it. He did the Roman Road course.

Marc Haring

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »
Just popped back in here briefly Tony. Unfortunately my always suspect wrists have finally given up on me and so I no longer play golf. In fact I haven't for about a year now and there is nothing that can be done. Frankly, that and a couple of other things has meant the passion for all things golf has inevitably gone.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 05:35:06 PM »
Just popped back in here briefly Tony. Unfortunately my always suspect wrists have finally given up on me and so I no longer play golf. In fact I haven't for about a year now and there is nothing that can be done. Frankly, that and a couple of other things has meant the passion for all things golf has inevitably gone.

Marc I'm really sorry to hear that and wish I could find some words to help. When I had to give up Rugby I stoped taking an interest in anything but the internationals, so I can sort of understand.

I hope you will continue to pop in from time to time and give us the benefit of your knowledge.  The Heathlands continue to fascinate and no one on here has anything like your level of practical knowledge.  And besides I doubt even Mike Clayton has had as good a round on RSG as you. ;)

Please IM me your email address and, if it's OK with you, I will contact you if I see any questions asked that you might like to respond to.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
Glad you liked the course. There are many good things about the design, not least the way that a jogging track and footpaths weave through the course in a way that allows local workers to get some fresh air and exercise without being in danger of being hit by stray golf balls.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back