News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SPDB

Re: Post pics of your favorite par 3
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »
Anthony:

Are you posting digital pictures you have snapped of old developed pictures?
Bizarre.

As requested, 10th at WFW from tee and adjacent and behind the green.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:36:00 PM by SPDB »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
Oh, I don't know what my favorite par 3 is, but here's a varied sampling of interesting ones:

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »
This one stopped me in my tracks this past summer;

Tim Bert

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »
Tom H

Your hole in one was on a short course AND you were wearing jeans??  I don't think the latter had previously been made available for public consumption, had it?  That might be the crucial piece of info to swing my opinion from yes to no in the great debate!!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »

SPDB,

My office manager does the pictures for me I am horrible with wiyh computers.

Anthony

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
Tom H

Your hole in one was on a short course AND you were wearing jeans??  I don't think the latter had previously been made available for public consumption, had it?  That might be the crucial piece of info to swing my opinion from yes to no in the great debate!!

Tim - oh heck that's always been known.  YOu really think this is the FIRST time this pic has been posted?

;D

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »
Scott-

Those are great looking holes.  What are the first and last ones?

Chip

Greg Holland

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
Scott-

Those are great looking holes.  What are the first and last ones?

Chip

Not to speak for Scott, but I think the first is Boston Golf Club (though not sure), and the last photo is from the Highlands Course at Primland (1 of 5 par 3s).  That is the last one, no. 14 which plays 160 yards from the tips.

SPDB

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

SPDB,

Anthony

It does not appear that your office manager is much better. You should have him
do other tasks. His (and as a consequence, our) time would be much better spent elsewhere.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
Kyle, what course is that in your third picture?

Brian, thanks for TOC pictures. I can only hope your young friend at least stayed out of Strath.

Andy,

That's the 5th hole at Huntingdon Valley CC. The first two are the 4th and 12th at Jeffersonville.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
Thanks Kyle. Hard to tell from the pictures--what is it about the 2 Jeffersonville holes that elevate them among your favorites?
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Anthony Gray

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »

SPDB,

Anthony

It does not appear that your office manager is much better. You should have him
do other tasks. His (and as a consequence, our) time would be much better spent elsewhere.

SPDB,

Hi!  I'm the office manager.  I'm not a guy and I actually spend most of my time on myspace.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »
Thanks Kyle. Hard to tell from the pictures--what is it about the 2 Jeffersonville holes that elevate them among your favorites?

The 4th is a 150 yard par 3 to a postage stamp sized green where short siding is death. Not apparent are two grassed bunkers that prevent bladed shots from rolling on to the green. It's on a flat portion of the property that is elevated and always subject to wind. The green is pear shaped with the narrow end facing the tee. Makes for interesting hole locations and the contours of the green make for interesting putts.

The 12th is a 200 yard par 3 to a small green. There is a bunker about 30 yards short of the approach, another smaller green side bunker at the front right.

Both par 3s are subject to wind (they run perpendicular to each other in terms of direction) and require both shot shape and trajectory control to hold the green. Both also can vary by 3 clubs in either direction depending on the hole location and wind direction.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
Greg:

Your life must be just terrible  ;).

Just so you know, at your old stomping grounds in Linville, it is 20 degrees with a good 4 inches of snow on the ground.

Bart

Strap on the skis and head over to Beech.

The weather is perfect; the scenery devine but to see those beauiful holes empty leads to a less than perfect life these days  :'(

Tim Bert

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »
This one stopped me in my tracks this past summer;

That was one intimidating tee shot.  I had almost forgotten this one in the midst of the ambush of fun par 3s in Michigan.

Don Hyslop

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
Although it was artifically created I love playing this 133 yd hole at the Island Green Course in Kentville, Nova Scotia. The second picture shows a closer view.
Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »

The 4th is a 150 yard par 3 to a postage stamp sized green where short siding is death. Not apparent are two grassed bunkers that prevent bladed shots from rolling on to the green. It's on a flat portion of the property that is elevated and always subject to wind. The green is pear shaped with the narrow end facing the tee. Makes for interesting hole locations and the contours of the green make for interesting putts.

The 12th is a 200 yard par 3 to a small green. There is a bunker about 30 yards short of the approach, another smaller green side bunker at the front right.

Both par 3s are subject to wind (they run perpendicular to each other in terms of direction) and require both shot shape and trajectory control to hold the green. Both also can vary by 3 clubs in either direction depending on the hole location and wind direction.

Andy,

Kyle's descriptions are accurate but the pictures do not do the holes justice.

Kyle also doesn't tell you that those are the two worst par threes on the course.

The other two are just too brutal to par, so are beyond the normal civilized discourse that takes place on this site.

Also, I should mention that I turned Kyle onto his first ever bowl of Pho Tai the other evening, so you can expect much strangeness from him during the next few days.

As we left the restaurant, he turned to me and said, "The tao that can be said is not the everlasting Tao.
If a name can be named, it is not the everlasting Name."

I responded something like..."yeah, nice round...you have a good week too."

Adam Russell

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2008, 09:54:41 PM »
Random Goods - The Short Ones

Chicago Golf

Wildhorse

Lookout Mtn.

Honors

The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it.” -Lewis Grizzard

Kyle Harris

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »

Andy,

Kyle's descriptions are accurate but the pictures do not do the holes justice.

Kyle also doesn't tell you that those are the two worst par threes on the course.

The other two are just too brutal to par, so are beyond the normal civilized discourse that takes place on this site.

Also, I should mention that I turned Kyle onto his first ever bowl of Pho Tai the other evening, so you can expect much strangeness from him during the next few days.

As we left the restaurant, he turned to me and said, "The tao that can be said is not the everlasting Tao.
If a name can be named, it is not the everlasting Name."

I responded something like..."yeah, nice round...you have a good week too."

I just need to upload the pictures of the other 2. They're right up there too. Once I get the hang of this manual photography thing, we'll have to go out some time this winter and really get some good shots. Slowly but surely, Regent Cirba.

I had Pho Tai tonight, and will again this weekend.

When are we playing Galen Hall?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »
Scott,

Please do share on that montage of photos where all those holes are from.

Kalen

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

My work here is almost done as the potent Pho elixir has surely taken full-effect by now.

When you can par the Moat Hole at Galen Hall blindfolded, you may leave my son.

http://www.galenhallgc.com/moat_hole.html

Kyle Harris

« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »

My work here is almost done as the potent Pho elixir has surely taken full-effect by now.

When you can par the Moat Hole at Galen Hall blindfolded, you may leave my son.

http://www.galenhallgc.com/moat_hole.html

I could check out any time I'd like, but I could never leave.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2008, 11:21:54 PM »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Cory Brown

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
The recently rebuilt 3rd at Overlake Golf and Country Club

JNC Lyon

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »
Oh, I don't know what my favorite par 3 is, but here's a varied sampling of interesting ones:

12 at Teugega?  This is a fantastic par three on a neat Ross course.  All four par threes here are first rate.  Do you have any pics of the halfpipe green at 15?
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back