News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Demetriou

Chicago City Courses to be Renovated by Casper Golf - Details?
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:10:30 PM »
I was hoping this would come to fruition, in fact I was discussing it on a thread about slow play just the other day.

Can anyone shed any light on what is planned? From the Sun Times article below it seems like we're only talking mowers and maybe a few tee boxes.  I hope they take a serious look at Marovitz (Waveland) as it is terrific setting, especially for a muni.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1325665,CST-NWS-golf11.article

PCCraig

Re: Chicago City Courses to be Renovated by Casper Golf - Details?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:26:49 PM »
Didn't KemperSports have the contract prior?

I have always said what they should (and could) do is combine the land of Jackson Park and South Shore, bulldoze what is there (except the South Shore clubhouse) and build a world class golf course. They could build something really cool down there. A mix of urban and lakeshore property.

However considering the budget deficit here in Chicago...it doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon.

Maybe they could use some of the parking meter money?
H.P.S.

Mike Demetriou

Re: Chicago City Courses to be Renovated by Casper Golf - Details?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »
Pat, I think you're correct, I think it was Kemper Sports. Whatever their deal was, it didn't involve maint. that's for sure.

I love the parking meter idea - driving and parking subsidizes my desire to walk nine holes at my local waterfront muni.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back