News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Mollica

Interesting Question
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:35 AM »
Tom Doak posted the following in the thread pertaining to the 5th course at Bandon.

"It would probably be more fruitful to speculate on who will build the next place of comparable quality to Bandon Dunes and where it might be."

Fire away with your nominations Gentlemen!

My nominations for location at least- Barnbougle with their second course in the ground, or for the South Island of New Zealand a decade or two from now.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Ian_L

Re: Interesting Question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:40:05 AM »
Maybe in Colorado or Nebraska like Ballyneal and Sand Hills?  There's tons of room out there.  The big concern would be that there's no ocean to attract the scenic golfer.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:50:09 AM »
Isn't the most likely answer Mike Keiser?  He already knows how to do it and is involved in Cabot Links on Nova Scotia :D.

Bart

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:52:40 AM »
Maybe in Colorado or Nebraska like Ballyneal and Sand Hills?  There's tons of room out there.  The big concern would be that there's no ocean to attract the scenic golfer.

So, you are saying Natalie Gulbis only plays when the course is near an ocean?  She is certainly a "scenic golfer"!

Since the place would have to be fairly remote, I think we probably have no clue where it will be or who will do it.  I wonder how Mr. Keiser would feel about trying to top himself starting from scratch?

I get the impression it would be some remote Carribean island where the adventure of getting there would be even greater than getting to the sand hills or pacific coast, but yet still not too far from the US.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:54:52 AM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:46:39 AM »
Step 1-  Rob bank
Step 2 - Find a World Map of Sand
Step 3 - Find sandy soil between 30 degrees and 50 degrees north and south latitude
Step 4 - Make sure airports are at least 3 hours away
Step 5 - Hire Doak, Hanse, and C&C

Argentina?  Wales?  Koszalin, Poland? Beaufort, NC?

Lester George

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »
Chip,

My feelings are hurt. 

Lester

Tim Gerrish

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »
Lester...  You'll get use to it.  You can create some great stuff, but if it isn't a links style right now, it won't get any attention or accolades!

How about a Beer?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 12:43:39 PM »
Chile, it is a no-brainer. Great google aerials, check it out!
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
I was watching I Love Lucy sometime this weekend and became curious about why the country accepted their interracial marriage.  Cuba is the future and I personally can not wait.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »
John K:
I think there's a very good chance that Cuba will explode with new development within a generation.  Any predictions on when it becomes a good investment for non-U.S. citizens?  I say five years.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back