News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Cirba

Two GCA'ers Befall the Same Fate - A decade apart
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »

Kyle Harris

Re: Two GCA'ers Befall the Same Fate - A decade apart
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »
Amazingly, I have never seen a bunker so internally CONTOURED than that one. That is one of the few times where I'd actually stepped away from the ball in a bunker to realign myself due to the nature of the slope.

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:49:19 PM »
That is one of the few times where I'd actually stepped away from the ball in a bunker to realign myself due to the nature of the slope.

Is that why you laid the rake in the direction you did, to help with alignment?  ;)
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Kyle Harris

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
Mike,

Interestingly enough, no. But when I was over the shot I remember thinking to myself that I did position the rake in such a way that if I were playing in a more serious environment, I'd probably take the effort to move it.

Strictly coincidental, but I see what you mean.

Then again, in a bunker, it's not like I couldn't just set my feet, back off and use the old footprints to adjust.

Rick Sides

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
Is this a bunker at Merion?  Which hole?

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »
Is this a bunker at Merion?  Which hole?

That is the famous cross bunker on the Par 5, 4th hole.

I discovered it by blading the ball from the left rough and not quite making it.

John_Cullum

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
I'm glad to see you finally got a new cap. That old one was starting to look like it had spent a few years under Tom Paul's tractor.

(Are those new shoes too?)
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Kyle Harris

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »
I'm glad to see you finally got a new cap. That old one was starting to look like it had spent a few years under Tom Paul's tractor.

(Are those new shoes too?)

Yes on both accounts. The new cap is actually the second of its kind (from Bethpage). I lost the first one at Jeffersonville (Philadelphia's Dunedin) about a week after I purchased it in September and purchased the current one when I played Bethpage Red a few weeks back.

Coincidentally, that current Bethpage cap is in Chuck Scalzott's Hummer as I left it there last week.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back