News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ChipRoyce

Chambers Bay in Dec?
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
I have to go our to Seattle for Biz in early Dec and could stay an extra day and play 18 or 36 at Chambers Bay.

Understand you never know what weather might bring, but with temps in the low 50's, would it be playable and reasonably enjoyable?

Thanks!
Chip

BVince

Re: Chambers Bay in Dec?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »
Hard to say.  It all depends on the daily conditions and the rain.  It could be ok or it could be miserable but it will more than likely be playable.
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

W.H. Cosgrove

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »
Course should drain appropriately, tee times should be available, 36 might be tough unless you get going by the crack of dawn.  Sunset will be 4:20 PM and it can get dark very quickly if there is any kind of overcast. 

It rained 3.25 inches in a 24 hour period from Thursday 5PM to Friday 5PM just last week.  Saturday was warm and sunny.  Pray for 50 degrees partly cloudy and have a great round.  I am planning on playing December 10.

ChipRoyce

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »
Right now 8am tee time is available and figure I could make the first 18 in 3 hours, quick turn and remainder finishing at Dark.

We'll see?!?

W.H. Cosgrove

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »
Three hours at Chambers would be a very good time!  Solo without traffic it could be done!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back