News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

archie_struthers

Re: "What say " Ye ....ot ....
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »
 ;) ;) ;)

We've gotten a little off point boys  //  as we are looking for specific movie lines that relate to Cirba's   ....what say ye"

otherwise I might opt for

" I now what you're thinking , did he fire six shots or only five"

Anthony Gray

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 05:03:13 PM »

This comes to mind

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 05:31:17 PM »

Kyle’s frustration after reading one of my posts in which he thought I was making unkind references to his place of residence

I am one, my liege,
Whom the vile blows and
     buffets of the world
Hath so incensed that I am
     reckless what I do
To spite the world.

From Macbeth, second murderer agreeing to do Macbeth work for him

Anthony Gray

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »

Kyle’s frustration after reading one of my posts in which he thought I was making unkind references to his place of residence

I am one, my liege,
Whom the vile blows and
     buffets of the world
Hath so incensed that I am
     reckless what I do
To spite the world.

From Macbeth, second murderer agreeing to do Macbeth work for him

Post on my captian ! Post on !

Anthony

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 06:43:41 PM »
There's too many to pick just one, so I'll opt for a more obscure one that probably only Shivas would know, and that I think fits archie's bill:

"This is your wake up call, Buddy boy - go to work."

George, isn't this "Wall Street"? In which case given the economy perhaps a better line is, "Because it's wreckable!"

Mark

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
Sorta looks like The Donald's hair on Shackelford's site (11/7).
Would that be a redonald?

TEPaul

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »
"WHAT SAY YE  ...or soemthing analogous has often been elcucidate by movie hero's / heroine's to rally the troops"

ARCHIE!!!

ARCHIE STRUTHERS!!!

What nonsense are you talking now, you, you, inspirational maniac???

Are you asking what in the movies over our lives have been most inspirational? Is that it?

OK, mine, at least for now has just got to be Scarlett O'Hara in GONE WITH THE WIND when the movie cut to intermission (How may movies HAVE an INTERMISSION today and how many movie directors have the guts to even ASSUME that today's audiences even have the PATIENCE to put up with an intermission?).

Anyway, my most inspirational deal in a movie was when GONE WITH THE WIND cut to Intermission with Scarlett O'Hara standing on that hill over the wreck of Tara, hungry and desperate as she was, with some red Georgia earth in her hand held to the Heavens as she proclaimed in that climbing vocal pitch that only she seemed capable of producing:

"As God is my witness, I WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY AGAIN!"

And if that was not enough, who could ever say that those haunting audial whispers at the very end of the movie, "tara, Tara, TARA, there is always the land, Katie Scarlett", followed by Scarlett's; "Yes, Tara, I'll go home to TARA, for tommorow is another day" were not the inspirational best ever?

Frankly, ARCHIE!!!! maybe they weren't the all time best for me but when I watched that Kentucky belle I told you about earlier today watch that movie over and over and over again and how it totally transported her, well, then, PAL, it did become the very best inspirational movie lines in my petty little experiences.

That was the same girl, by the way, that immediately took me outside my own father's house when I forgot to get up when my stepmother came into the room, and told me:

"Look Boy, don't you realize manners cost you nothing and they buy you a lot in life?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:57:14 PM by TEPaul »

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 10:39:59 PM »
"I've always relied on the kindness of strangers" is inspirational, in a sad and twisted sort of way.

It might be what bent-grass murmers out to the silent darkness before the water's turned on...though it comes out a bit muffled-sounding. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:43:19 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Greg Ross

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »
"Be the ball, Danny."
       - Ty Webb
It's all about the fellowship.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
"Be the ball, Danny."
       - Ty Webb

Greg,

Welcome. You are off to a great start.

Anthony

George Pazin

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »
There's too many to pick just one, so I'll opt for a more obscure one that probably only Shivas would know, and that I think fits archie's bill:

"This is your wake up call, Buddy boy - go to work."

George, isn't this "Wall Street"? In which case given the economy perhaps a better line is, "Because it's wreckable!"

Mark

It is indeed Wall Street, and your line may be more appropriate. One of the most humorously quotable movies of all time, imho, though I'm not sure it was intended that way.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 12:34:28 PM »
George,

Have you heard a sequel may be in the works -- and GG may come back as the hero?!

The Economist proposes editing his credo to: "Greed -- when properly regulated -- is tolerable."

Which is what happens when an economist tries his hand at scriptwriting...

Mark

PS Here's your stock tip of the day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back