News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Re: Photos of GCAers, rain or shine, trees or no trees ...
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2008, 12:34:52 AM »

I can only imagine the retaliation.   Mike has plenty pics of me in awkward spots.

Take note, I do get a bad bounce every now and then.

No retaliation intended, you still have pictures of my bachelor party somewhere ....

Now that Bob posted, might as well post one of Bob and the 3 SCU Broncos ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike Benham

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
Now with video ...    FBD plays CPC

Ok, here you go, in all your glory ...

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »
Can you all now see why I so admire and respect that great rocket scientist Pieracci?  Many thanks, my friend.  But yes, Mrs. Huckaby shall not be privy to these pictures.  Of course they are nothing compared to the wall-sized poster of Mike she works out in front of every day.  Calls it her inspiration.  I just nod and say yes ma'am.

;D

BTW Bob is right re TKP gatherings.  It pains me I had to miss the dinner pictured.  I did get in some of the golf thankfully... but I shall never miss the entirety of a KP.

To that end... is it too soon for updates for 2009 plans?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »
Bob,

Can't agree more with you on that one.  You know its a great trip when the golf in a spot like Monterey only accounted for half of the fun!

Huck,

Please tell your wife to stop emailing me.  The wall size photo of me, to go along-side the silver fox is in the mail.   :P  ;D

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »

Bob Huntley,

I totally agree with your comments on the company we had at this year's King's Putter. It was a very special group.

FDB,

I looked at the video of you teeing off on CPC 16. What happened? I felt empty, not knowing whether you made it. Tim Bert was wondering as well.

Regards to all,

Bob J

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
Bob/Tim,
to put you out of your misery.
I made the left side of the green - just off - at the tip of that bottom left bunker. Caddie says chip it five feet left for the wind. I do and - voila- it lands and stops five feet left. Two Putt BOGIE. Boo!
It's actually horrible seeing that tight-sphincter-induced golf swing again. Yeeuuuccchhh!!! (I'm normally a tad less 'inhibited', but CPC 16 first (every?) time has that effect on we mere mortal golfers). A marvellous day and experience which pops into the head almost every day and makes me smile.
The Peninsula - golf heaven - luckily populated by several 'angels' of our common acquaintance!
best,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Yost

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »
Some of the Phoenix contingent along with some out-of-town visitors.

QUESTION:  How does McBride manage to get his mug into most every one of these outings??  :D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
Some of the Phoenix contingent along with some out-of-town visitors.

QUESTION:  How does McBride manage to get his mug into most every one of these outings??  :D

I fear there will be fewer thanks to the economic meltdown and ensuing slowdown in construction. 

If you want to see McBride back on the road, start spending and let's loosen up the consumer economy.  Please!

Carl Nichols

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
These pics are great!  For those of us who are new, could you identify the guysin the group shots? 

Mike Benham

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »

If you want to see McBride back on the road, start spending and let's loosen up the consumer economy.

How about a good old natural disaster, perhaps another hurricane through your parts?

Jim Thompson

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
Paul Thomas at Greywalls:

I know there's a test well out here somewhere.
 You never looked that serious playin' with me! What a game face.

Jim Thompson at Angel's Crossing:

This pic looks like its from 2004, is it the supers outing?  Didn't even know you had a camera that day.

Your's truly at The New Course, Grand Cypress:

I wasn't there, so you can't blame the lie on me in alternate shot format.
Jim Thompson

Joe Hancock

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »
Jim Nugent,

In all honesty, I have no recollection of the result. Our good friend Bruce Matthews III took the pic, maybe he'll see this and tell me what he remembers.

JT,

In all fairness, Paul was in a swale, so the pic made it look worse than it was. I found it to be a fun picture.

I don't think the picture of you was the supers' outing, but I'll try to find evidence in other photos as to who we may have played with that day.

I couldn't possibly blame you for my bad lie in that picture of me, when there's so many other things to blame you for!....... ;D

Hope all is well,

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jim Thompson

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2008, 08:29:43 PM »
Joe,

Your right, that's not the super's but it had to be early on, note the scab on the right.  Things are ok but not great here.  Credit crunch is killing business here on main street.

JT
Jim Thompson

Joe Hancock

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »
Joe,

Your right, that's not the super's but it had to be early on, note the scab on the right........

JT

I thought it was your birthmark......
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kyle Harris

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »

Ahh... the Single Malt.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »
Here's one of those not so masculine posing photos:

Sean Tully (The Professor), Josh Smith (The Artiste), Robert (I've forgotten his last name for the moment, and man enough to admit it!), and Josh Pettite (Hollywood):

And another, even less masculine poser(s):

Mike DeVries (Man of many nicknames, almost none of which are family appropriate), Josh Smith (again, only hogging camera time now), and Brian Sleeman ( wouldn't let me photograph his wife):

And, me, once again extricating myself from a place whereby I was positioned by my opponent sneaking ahead of me and placing my ball in a horrendous position in a cheap attempt to beat me:

Joe Hancock

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
I apologize to the persons in my previous post who I may have alluded to their lack of masculinity....I just saw Kyle's pictures and, you guys may be more masculine than I gave you credit for...... ;D

Joe Hancock

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »
And, the perfect gentleman known as Pete Lavalee:

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »
Barona?

And, the perfect gentleman known as Pete Lavalee:

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

David Stamm

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:18 AM »

And, me, once again extricating myself from a place whereby I was positioned by my opponent sneaking ahead of me and placing my ball in a horrendous position in a cheap attempt to beat me:

I finally have a face to go with the funniest man on GCA!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2008, 01:22:40 AM »

Where's Spaulding?!!!
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

David Stamm

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2008, 01:32:17 AM »

Where's Spaulding?!!!

I don't believe the yougest Bronco was introduced to his fellow alumni yet. BTW, quite a F1 finish, eh?
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

George Freeman

Re: Photos of GCAers, rain or shine, trees or no trees ... New
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
one of mine that won't soon be forgotten...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:21:05 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back