News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Golf near Chino Hills, CA?
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »
I'm hoping to squeeze in an early round this Tuesday before driving back to the SF Bay. Any suggestions?

I was going to play Oak Quarry, but it's closed all week. I played Victoria Country Club today (old Max Behr course... very good bones!).

Other worthy options?
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Stan Dodd

Re: Golf near Chino Hills, CA?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »
Los Serranos has two courses both ok nothing of great archie interest but goood fun golf and should be easy to get on.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
Goose Creek is very close and good/reasonably priced. Santa Anita is quirkier and not very far either.

.or leave earlier & play Rustic.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

rjsimper

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:47 PM »
If you had access to Victoria, maybe you have access elsewhere...try Redlands CC.

Goose Creek is a good call by Spaulding.  Skip Los Serranos...unless you want to play hopscotch over tennis racquet shaped concrete ponds.

Pat Burke

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:34:15 AM »
a lot of courses in overseed mode, so call ahead.  I know Goose Creek used to overseed, but not sure now.
If not, I would recommend Goose for that area

Tim Leahy

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
Industry Hills Ike will give you a challenge, cartball though it is. Friendly Hills CC is walkable and a good track in Whittier.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

David Stamm

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »
Kyle, if you have the means, South Hills CC is worth a looksy. One of the last courses Bell sr and jr worked on together. It's a great course, but has a couple of very good holes.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
Thank you all for your advice. Every paper-based source I consulted praised every course near L.A. If only Doak's Confidential Guide included each and every course found worldwide...

Until then, the treehouse reins supreme.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Forrest Richardson

Re: Golf near Chino Hills, CA? New
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
I will plug my client in Ventura — it is on the way north depending on your route.

Olivas Links
Ventura, CA
http://www.olivaslinks.com
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:58:00 AM by Forrest Richardson »
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 01:13:18 AM »
I will plus my client in Ventura — it is on the way north depending on your route.

Olivas Links
Ventura, CA

I'm aleady home, but I definitely plan on playing Olivas the next time I'm down that way.
I heard very good things about it from my playing partners at the Victoria Club on Saturday, among others.

Tom Naccarato

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 02:07:55 AM »
I will plus my client in Ventura — it is on the way north depending on your route.

Olivas Links
Ventura, CA

More blatant self-promotion that ruins this site. Really classy move Forrest. I'm sure an offer for free golf went with it, thus commanding a true, unbiased review.

This has nothing to do with the San Francisco post at all. This is the type of stuff, just like your BLATANT SELF-PROMOTION of that book. Bunkers Pits and Other Hazards*** that ruins (by commercializing it) this website.

(John Wiley & Sons--Please buy it so we can make sure Forrest never has to bring it up again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:16:32 AM by Tom Naccarato »

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:54:50 AM »
Hadn't realized the timing, Kyle. I think you would enjoy Olivas Links even though it is not technically near Chino Hills.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back