News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Chambers Bay vs. Stone Eagle - An Easy Choice
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »
Tom,

Glad to see you just admitted that Pat is right for 5% of all golfers.
 ;D

Well, read my words correctly and the percentage is likely quite less than that. "95% or more"

I'd put it at less than 1%; golfers so into competition that they take zero notice of surroundings.

So you do think that the correct way to evaluate golf courses is based on how that less than 1% see them?

If so, more power to you.  I'll take the 99%+.

And as it pertains to me and Pat, well this tracks all other discussions we've had:  me 99%+ correct, him less than 1%.  I can live with that.
TH

ps - come on Pat, get in here and blast me with the green font!  How many more ways can I insult you?  Miss the point, pick at side issues, put words in my mouth, take things out of context as you are so very very adept at!  The hope is this helps save you from your hypocrisy and gets you back talking about golf.  I'll take the medicine if this worthwhile aim is achieved.  Save yourself from worthless political drivel!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:49:41 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »
John well written and interesting. I find this a hard one. They are such different courses in style, setting, routing and experiences. One is private and uncrowded and the other is public and crowded. I would have trouble making a choice. I do think Chambers is the better tournement or championship course. I think Stone Eagle is a rare experience and a great one at that.

Bill Brightly

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
Never played CB so I can't comment. I did play SE this year and I absolutely loved it. The best desert course I have ever played.

The views are stunning, the course blends seemlessly with its surrounds, and plenty of golfing challenge. Most of all, it was a FUN round. That is the one adjective that I always seem to use when I play a Doak course.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2008, 11:57:44 PM »
Tom H.,

I certainly agree with what you said and didn't mean to negate the importance of the experience when playing a round of golf. I think its important not to weight that part too heavily, but its always there in some fashion or another.

All,
I think the aesthetics at Chambers Bay were amazing. But the whole "natural" bit that some of you focus on matters little to me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back