News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Is Kelly Tighman the worst ever?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
What does Kelly do or not that upsets you golfers.  What do you want from her that you can not decipher yourself.  Are any of you blind, I know Nugent hasn't played in years but I never knew why.

Sam Maryland

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »
Baker-Flinch...never saw a pro hit a bad shot.

Gamez cold topped a 3-wood in the desert a while back and and Flinch said "ladies and gentlemen he was trying trying to keep that one low into the wind and caught it in the neck"...

...huh?!?

SM

Anthony Gray

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 09:54:43 AM »

I like her.

JNC Lyon

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12:47 AM »
What does Kelly do or not that upsets you golfers.  What do you want from her that you can not decipher yourself. 

Well, I remember in one telecast she didn't know the difference between a birdie and an eagle.  She made the made mistake multiple times where I player would make a putt for eagle and she would declare it a birdie.  I don't think she is the worst (Strange was pretty awful), but she is not good.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »
I think she is one of the worst ever, but Ted Tryba is making a move. Here's a quote I wrote down from this weekend.

"You've got to love those drivable par-4s, especially when there's not water or hazards around."

Anthony

John Keenan

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
I think Frank Noblio (sp?) does a good job as does the group that covers the Nationwide for GC. 

On the Female side Judy Rakin and Dottie Pepper are both good and I enjoy their comments. Chocking dogs line aside!

In general for me the golf is more significant that the commentators. Some are better than others but all have their unique moments.
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
She should be taken in a back alley and lynched! :o
Mike Terico is worse though and I am with anyone who says Miller is annoying.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

John Moore II

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
She is one of the worst for sure. Though I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of Berman covering the British Open.

Kenny Baer

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »
Berman is so much worse than her it isn't even a question.  He is a plain doofus.  Kelly is kind of hot; in a regular kind of hot chick kind of way.  I don't think she seems lesbo. 

Stina Steinberg is the hottest.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
"Judy Rankin and Dottie Pepper are both good and I enjoy their comments."

I agree

JLahrman

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
Berman is beyond bad, but I don't think he qualifies.  They can put him on golf telecasts but he is about as much of a golf announcer as Keyshawn Johnson.  Berman is just bad at everything, he is impossible to listen to.

It would be hard to beat Lanny.  Boy was he bad.  If he was half as aggressive with his commentary as he was with his irons we might have had something.

John Keenan

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »
I could take or leave Berman.

I think what has happened to Chris is much like what has happened to John Madden. The lines and comments are so over used they become charactertures of what they once were. What was once original and entertaining becomes tired and over blown.  Time to get a new stick guys.
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Michael Powers

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
She is a bit mannish for my taste.
HP

RJ_Daley

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
How many of you have young adult daughters or teens dreaming of college and a career?  Would you want your daughters scrutinized in such a fashion on a public website?  Particularly, would you sit by passively if someone said some of the things that have nothing to do with golf broadcasting as we find above?  If your daughter was not cutting the standard in her career, would you prefer that her MANAGEMENT help her in a positive professional manner on real issues of criticism, rather than some website razor tongues sniping? 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 01:00:15 AM »
She is a bit mannish for my taste.

...she's a man baby!

Jeff F.

P.S.  Say that with Austin Power's accent.
#nowhitebelt

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 05:45:46 AM »
R.J. Daley,

the scholarly and bookish nature of some of the erudite contributors to this fine discussion group, coupled with their hermetic tendencies, disqualifies them from considering the harm of their words.  as one with daughters in tow, I applaud your "calling out" of these churlish comments.  Most who "protest too much" have an unspoken fetish for the object denigrated.  That and they watch way too much golf on television...I wonder if they get out to play?

Look at the title of the thread...the failure to properly spell her last name reveals more than just sloppy typing.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 06:00:10 AM »
Berman is worse.

Berman needs to be beaten with a bag of doorknobs

Beaten with a bag of doorknobs???

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:48 AM »
As good a golf writer as he is, Reilly is surprisingly poor behind the camera.  JC

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:40 AM »
I don't mind Kelly. I just think she tries too hard to be funny to keep up with Faldo's sarcasm. She isn't funny and shouldn't try to be.

I always liked Sean McDonough and wish he was covering more golf tournaments. He was great as a Red Sox announcer when he was paired with Jerry Remy.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »
I miss Venturi. I actually think the older he got, the funnier he got. I miss all the "hoe downs" and the "LOOKOUTs", and the Jimmy-Bobby-Kenny down-home banter.

I think CBS has always been the best network for golf, even as some of the old guard has gone, they have manage to keep their presentation at such a high level. I particularly enjoy the wide range of personalities and nationalities that they represent. They don't mind hamming it up (see Feherty and McCord on a Thursday) but they also know how to cover an event with serious class (Masters coverage).
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
I miss Venturi. I actually think the older he got, the funnier he got. I miss all the "hoe downs" and the "LOOKOUTs", and the Jimmy-Bobby-Kenny down-home banter.

I think CBS has always been the best network for golf, even as some of the old guard has gone, they have manage to keep their presentation at such a high level. I particularly enjoy the wide range of personalities and nationalities that they represent. They don't mind hamming it up (see Feherty and McCord on a Thursday) but they also know how to cover an event with serious class (Masters coverage).

Venturi spoke so often about how great a golfer he was I still remember how shocked I was the day I found out it was true.

Tim Copeland

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
"taeighteen"- Bobby Clampett
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

John_Cullum

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
Kelly T is not the worst, in fact, I kind of like her; but, it seems as though her little across the aisle fling with Nick is on the rocks.

The worst is Tirico, with Lanny being the worst color man, and Scully was awful in the Myeeasters telecasts. He was like finger nails on a chalkboard to someone from my part of the world
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Sam Morrow

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
She doesn't bother me, I don't think she's great but she's okay.  Aside from the greatness of Renton Laidlow the best The Golf Channel has to offer is their Nationwide Tour coverage, I've always enjoyed it.

Will MacEwen

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
She doesn't bother me, I don't think she's great but she's okay.  Aside from the greatness of Renton Laidlow the best The Golf Channel has to offer is their Nationwide Tour coverage, I've always enjoyed it.

The Nationwide coverage has a nice breezy vibe to it.  More golf, less human drama.

My cable cut my TGC two years ago, and it is odd how little I miss it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back