News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Bethpage Red Lovefest: Holes 1-6
« on: October 25, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »
Hole 1:

Hole 4:

Hole 5:

Hole 6:

Kyle Harris

Re: Bethpage Red Lovefest: Holes 1-6
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
Hole Notes:

Hole 1: A 470 yard Par 4 Opener (Welcome to the rest of Bethpage!), today it was Driver/6-iron for me as the tee shot is down hill. As the picture from behind the green shows, the best approach is from the left side of the fairway over the knuckle. This is the start of a recurring theme of the Red Course; many of the green complexes dictate an angle in the fairway that is not made apparent based on the fairway hazards.

Hole 2: I couldn't get many decent pictures, but will post some in another thread. A sharp dogleg left where the player must choose between a tight line with distance, or playing short and right and taking the overhanging trees out of play for a longer shot. Again, this strategy is not forced by bunkers, but the green angle.

Hole 3: Same as 2 with pictures. Dogleg right that almost requires a fade off the tee, or an aggressive angle with more overhanging trees cutting the corner. A deep swale in front of the green can affect a laced tee ball and force mishit shots left into the deep woods. Green is severe with significant tilt from back to front.

Hole 4: 180 yard Par 3. This is hole you can see above the 18th tee of the Black Course. Death is left with a little run-up fairway to the right. Not a true Redan but a draw will work across the green somewhat.

Hole 5: Winding uphill Par 5. As the photos show, the trees on the right can block a second shot into the green. Reachable in two with a tee shot deep down the left side. Green is deep with false front.

Hole 6: Strategic masterpiece. Sharp dogleg left. From the tee, the green is 287 yards straightaway but is on a line that is on the left edge of the picture. Definite temptation to try and cut the corner, but as the picture shows, the slopes and swales will gobble any balls with a hint of a right to left ball flight. A 200 yard shot down the more level right hand side will leave 150 yards into a severely sloping green with fall offs to the front left and back right.

Matt OBrien

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
WOW Kyle..... Driver-6i into 1.. you must be a realllll good player!!!! ;)

Kyle Harris

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
WOW Kyle..... Driver-6i into 1.. you must be a realllll good player!!!! ;)

I'm no Larry, that's for sure.

Robert Mercer Deruntz

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
My favorite course in the complex.  Now just as great as the Black since the Black has taken some serious steps backwards.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:43:33 PM »
My favorite course in the complex.  Now just as great as the Black since the Black has taken some serious steps backwards.

I hope this very point comes across in the photos. It seems that for every step the Black has taken backward, the Red has taken forward.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
Kyle,

Are these from today??   The course looks tremendous.

Now I'm REALLY sick!!   :P :-[ :'(

Matt OBrien

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »
Does anybody want to go to BP this week (Tues,wed,thurs)

Play Black and red

Kyle Harris

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »
Kyle,

Are these from today??   The course looks tremendous.

Now I'm REALLY sick!!   :P :-[ :'(

Yup, this morning. I teed off at 8:15 AM and left the park at 1:00 PM

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back