News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Bethpage Red Lovefest: Hole 13
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
This hole really deserves a thread of its own with 9 pictures. The pay attention from the last thread was alluding to checking to location of the 13th hole on the green. This, for me, helps determine if going right off the tee is worth the poor angle. 400 yards.

Tee shot, plenty of room right of the bunkers, go over the bunker on the left for the tricky tee shot/better approach angle:

The Carry Bunker on the left:

The relative risks of each side of the complex, the green is over the middle bunker:

Seeing room between the hole location and the right greenside bunker, I chose to blast driver down the right side:

The green from just in front of the last centerline bunker:

Looking straight back toward the tee (by this point in the round today, we were playing in a steady 2-3 club wind):

Robert Mercer Deruntz

Re: Bethpage Red Lovefest: Hole 13
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:13:02 PM »
This is the best hole in the whole complex.  Currently, the right fairway is too narrow.  The hole would play its best if the right fairway were restored to 40-50 yards.  The further right off the tee, the longer and more difficult angle of attack for the approach.  The left fairway opens up the green, but is less than 20 yards wide.
These are great pictures showing how awesome this hole plays.

Gene Greco

Re: Bethpage Red Lovefest: Hole 13
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:41:45 AM »
This is the best hole in the whole complex.  Currently, the right fairway is too narrow.  The hole would play its best if the right fairway were restored to 40-50 yards.  The further right off the tee, the longer and more difficult angle of attack for the approach.  The left fairway opens up the green, but is less than 20 yards wide.
These are great pictures showing how awesome this hole plays.

RMD:

I've always felt the same way about this hole and agree completely with your assessment of it.

Gene
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back