News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Playing golf and watching in the bushes
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
As some of you may know (from news channels)we had a triple murder yesterday at a community theater just two blocks from my house in Athens and about 1/2 mile from our golf course......since the golf course was probably a logical place to hide and since they still have not found the professor that did the shootings we were all told to be watchful while playing......now that's a hazard one never thinks about.   ;)   But seriously....really sad situation

"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Joe Hancock

Re: Playing golf and watching in the bushes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:26:36 PM »
I thought this was going to be about Cowley.

Thankfully, it's much more serious than that.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:44:32 AM »
It's a sad sign of the times that at Wirral Ladies' they have security men here and there around the course.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:38:25 AM »

A statement of our time, regrettable.

But on the lighter side

I suppose any remark on the course like ‘Good Shot’ is now totally frowned upon or would be considered as pointing the finger at a potential suspect.

Melvyn

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:09 AM »
I'm afraid we are becoming immune to the shock of this kind of event, due to the constant repeptition I guess.  Where is the outrage you might expect? 

We had two cops who weren't too smart down here in our area.  They went to a gun club and tried to arrest a miscreant while he was shooting an automatic weapon on the range, and were shot to death by the  domestic violence suspect, who was killed a couple of hours later in a shoot out with sheriff's deputies 50 miles away.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back