GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

When is linksland not linksland

<< < (7/7)

Forrest Richardson:
I agree about germs, Mexican peppers and such. The need for the plastic glass mistake may have had to do with fairness and measuring. The bus was dark and we all suspected Perry Dye may have taken more than his share of the lovely Santa Barbara Cab — Neal was more than fair and I can attest that the juice was no more than a fast swing speed within its foreign plastic vessel.

TEPaul:
Forrest:

It's a good thing it was Perry and not P.B. or you guys wouldn't have had a drop of wine to drink. P.B. would have chugged the whole bottle in a New York second!

One time years ago I was playing in the Florida International at the Palm Beach Polo Club with my partner and P.B (who built the course) and Davis Sezna (Hartefeld National) and to this day I've never come remotely close to laughing that much and that hard in a single round of golf. P.B. and Davis are individually funnier than about 75% of the world's professional comedians and you put them together and--Oh My God!!

On one hole P.B. drove right over a ridge on the right and crash landed the cart on its side in a bunker on the other side--saying after he dusted himself off; "I forgot it was there!"

Forrest Richardson:
Was it a pot bunker? Did he ever get out? This may well be my answer to winning design contracts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version