News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Piney Branch CC--Hampstead, MD
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
The W&L Generals will be heading north for the first time in a couple years to a tournament hosted by McDaniel College.  An Ault & Co. design I believe...anyone played it?  Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

--Tim Gavrich
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Rob_Waldron

Re: Piney Branch CC--Hampstead, MD
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:39:06 AM »
Piney Branch should be a chip and putt for the college studs. The course plays a little longer than it list due to numerous uphill approaches. Small undulated poa greens. They should be lightening fast this time of year.

david h. carroll

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »
Tim--shoot me an email davidcarroll@capitol-strategies.com.  I played on the W&L golf team all four years 88-92...Piney Branch is awfully close to some other great spots in the Baltimore area and if you guys have time, we could set some golf up with some local alums.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:19:34 PM »
The course is interesting and the terrain is rolling.  It is  not very noteworthy but it does have some very good holes.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Paul Carey

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »
What happened to the 9 holer on campus at McDaniel (formerly Western Maryland)?  In college we used to head up to play on a Saturday 18 hole match on campus, with a small gallery and some really quirky holes!  The course was changed as new structures were built on campus.  The college apparently loved trees so a few (maybe just one but it was a long time ago) had a huge tree in the middle of a short par four right in front of the green!

Good luck at Piney Branch but I bet you wont have as much fun as we had on the campus nine holer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back