News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Andriole

Marine Bill will affect British Links
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/25/eacoast125.xml      Apparently this right to roam bill will affect private golf courses.  Anyone know more.

Rich Goodale

Re: Marine Bill will affect British Links
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »
This has been law in Scotland for 5 years now.  For more than you probably ever would want to know check out:

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/scotland/accessN/golf/golfandaccess-may06.html

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:42:20 AM »
I've always thought it crazy that with the thousands of miles of waterfront property in both the UK and America, the pyscho nut jobs always want to bitch and moan about getting access thru the .0001% of the golf courses that are in the way....

For petes sake, park your car a mile down the road and take a different trail.  But then again, I doubt its about something simple like this.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
Kalen

Exactly how I feel about Carts and Range Finders. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

For once we both agree that they should be parked a mile down the road and play a different course.  ;)  But its never simple is it. :o :P

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:51:31 AM »
Kalen

Exactly how I feel about Carts and Range Finders. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

For once we both agree that they should be parked a mile down the road and play a different course.  ;)  But its never simple is it. :o :P

Fair enough Melyvn,

When you make it over to the states, make sure you stop off in Utah and we'll play a couple of courses and make sure you walk....  ;)

P.S.  I'll have the Ambulance on call waiting in the parking lot for you.   ;D  ;D

JohnV

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
This has been law in Scotland for 5 years now.  For more than you probably ever would want to know check out:

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/scotland/accessN/golf/golfandaccess-may06.html

So, if I go to Scotland and want to walk around Muirfield they can't stop me?

Cool.

To bad the US doesn't have that for its golf courses.  Imagine walking around Pine Valley, Augusta National and all the rest of the courses you wanted to see.

By the way, if any coastal landowner who really thinks they will lose 20% of their property value from this coastal access bill wants to sell for 15% off the current value, please contact me. ;)

Tony Ristola

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 02:24:02 PM »
Terrible. Anyone that values private property rights has to shudder.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back