News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chip Gaskins

Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs - NBC, November 15th & 16th
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:51:09 PM »
Many of us will get our first exhaustive look at these two courses without $3000 and 3 days of jet lag.... NBC is showing two days of coverage in Mid-November!

The Oct. 27-28 Kiwi Challenge features the four "Young Guns" playing 18 holes each day over two days on two of the most picturesque courses in the world: Kauri Cliffs and Cape Kidnappers. NBC will televise the Kiwi Challenge Saturday, Nov. 15 and Sunday, Nov. 16.

"My family and I are tremendously excited about having four of the finest young golfers in the world showcasing our two golf properties in New Zealand," said Julian Robertson, the owner of both Kauri Cliffs and Cape Kidnappers and the founder of the Kiwi Challenge. "These courses reflect the natural beauty of this magnificent country, and are microcosms of their surrounding areas. We are honored to be hosting the Kiwi Challenge."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25887539/

Don Dinkmeyer

Re: Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs - NBC, November 15th & 16th
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:44:50 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

Ash Towe

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing how those 4 guys handle the courses.  There is a very good chance there will be a fair bit of wind at the time of year it will be filmed.  Hopefully not to much to ruin the spectacle.

TX Golf

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »
Looks like Stevie might be hurting for some cash since he has been jobless this summer!!!!  :o ;D

http://www.pgatour.com/2008/r/10/06/williams.release/index.html

Phil Benedict

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »
Isn't it more tasteful for a really rich guy to stage an invitational event with four world-class golfers on his property than to, say, have the Rolling Stones play at his birthday party?  The golf is a classy whereas the big bash with a rock band is crude and ostentatious.

Good for you Julian!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »
Sounds like a great idea, but couldn't have come at a worse time in terms of potential travel with the economy being in rough times.

Of course I guess all those execs who will be let go with golden parachutes funded by the $700 Billion payout will have some extra money to spend now.  :-X

Craig Sweet

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »
Kalen...I'm hoping to get my bailout check in time to go to NZ for this event....I think a modest $4.5 billion will keep me solvent.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »
Kalen...I'm hoping to get my bailout check in time to go to NZ for this event....I think a modest $4.5 billion will keep me solvent.

$4.5 Billion?  I couldn't live on that at all, I'd need at least at least twice that.   ;)

I took a quick look at the bill and couldn't find any specific provisions that the money was not to be used for severance packages, golden parachutes, etc.  Can't wait to fire up the computer over the next few months and learn which exec gets to be "fired" with a 8 figure severance package compliments of John Q. Taxpayer.   God bless America!!  ;D

And people think I'm kidding...  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081006/ap_on_go_co/meltdown_lehman

The now-bankrupt investment bank Lehman Brothers arranged millions in bonuses for fired executives as it pleaded for a federal lifeline, lawmakers learned Monday, as Congress began investigating what went so wrong on Wall Street to prompt a $700 billion government bailout.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:01:15 PM by Kalen Braley »

Craig Sweet

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:54:30 PM »
Two things drive the market...greed and fear....we have had the greed, now comes the fear...look out below!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back