News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ron Farris

Re: The Prarie Club
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »
Chip, if you are at the site next time stop and say hello.  I have only met a couple of people face to face who post here.  In deed I was on #15 and today  I spent time on #17.  I have a, somewhat self imposed, gag order on posting regarding the Prairie Club, but I would say this: "JU NIN TO IRO"  A Japanese saying that is interpreted as Ten People -- Ten Opinions.   There is a tremendous amount to take in at the project and just looking at it may be very different than playing.  Also the weaqther conditions will change daily, if not hourly, making the course play differently.  Regarding the road - I don't see it as a huge issue.  Judging a course by a road that is not even on the property seems a little nit picky to me. I tried to count the cars that I saw today and that was three. 

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »
Bally's at $100K now?  Wow!  I thought it was $30K just recently.

Supply - demand I guess...
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 12:47:12 PM »
Great article Mike.  The writer did well to capture the area's ambiance.  With Prairie Club opening next year, I could see us at GCA.com getting a 'road trip' together next fall for an outting of golf and optional fishing and floating.  We could call it the GCA Fall Roundup Cup.  ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
Great article Mike.  The writer did well to capture the area's ambiance.  With Prairie Club opening next year, I could see us at GCA.com getting a 'road trip' together next fall for an outting of golf and optional fishing and floating.  We could call it the GCA Fall Roundup Cup.  ;) ;D 8)

Count me in. I think we should require all folks from the coast's to take in a Friday night 8-man football game in Mullen as well.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
Bumping - God willing, I'm going to be out in Nebraska this summer, and the though of getting to The Prarie Club is pretty exciting.  We're planning to drive out from Philly - should be a great adventure.

There's a great video on The Prarie Club on YouTube.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back