News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Justin Broderson

Public near Pine Valley???
« on: September 22, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »
Looking to play at 7am with some friends before the crump cup, any ideas?

Charles Scalzott

Re: Public near Pine Valley???
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:21:25 PM »
I think they converted to private so not sure if they are still taking public tee times but Pine Hill is right next door.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:23:28 PM »
I think they converted to private so not sure if they are still taking public tee times but Pine Hill is right next door.

Chuck, I think you are right about Pine Hill (but I'd be a bit surprised if they allowed the public access to weekend morning times).

I'll suggest Scotland Run as a nice play (a bit pricey) and not too far from PV.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

JeffTodd

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
Play Scotland Run. I assume you want to get to Pine Valley with plenty of time on your hands, so Scotland Run is the most interesting public option inside a half hour drive.

JeffTodd

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Pine Hill has restricted public access to weekdays only.

Justin Broderson

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
Called Pine Hill, closed to the public on weekends.  Always wanted to try Scotland Run didn't know it was close.  I'll give them a call.

Anyone interested in joing a threesome?

Gerry B

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 02:06:51 AM »
atlantic city cc is within 45 minutes  - not to be missed

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 11:43:43 AM »
I said earlier that Scotland Run is a bit pricey ($105 on Saturday mornings), but that is less than 1/2 of what ACCC costs!
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Matt_Ward

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
Justin:

Depending upon where you are coming from the ones previously mentioned are good choices with Scotland Run likely leading the way. Keep in mind Scotland Run is in Williamstown in Gloucester County and is a decent ride to get to Pine Valley. If you are heading out of Phila -- try RiverWinds which is just across from Center City and is located just off the Delaware.

mike_malone

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
 I just talked to a friend who played Riverwinds over the weekend. He said the course is in better shape than it has been in recent years.The layout is interesting and the views intriguing.
AKA Mayday

JeffTodd

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »
I just talked to a friend who played Riverwinds over the weekend. He said the course is in better shape than it has been in recent years.The layout is interesting and the views intriguing.
That's good news. I had heard that RW took a maintenance hit during an ownership or management transition. I'm glad to hear it is back and in better condition.

As far as the golf goes, I think Riverwinds can hang with Scotland Run right up until the last three holes. Scotland Run finishes very strong and Riverwinds does not, and #17 is incredibly out of place and out of sync with the rest of the course.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:35:12 PM »
The only real un-natural element at Riverwinds is the elevated tee box at #18. It seems the folks there wanted to provide one last glimpse of Center City.

I like the closing hole there but the elevated tee is completely out of character for the land itself.

One of the more unique holes -- and one of the best short par-3 holes among public holes in NJ -- can be found at Riverwinds with the 17th. Very tough shot especially when the pin is cut deep in the left side behind the bunker.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »
The 17th at Riverwinds:

Good to hear of improved conditions there. I'll try to check it out soon.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_malone

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »
Steve,

Your photo doesn't show the flotsom and jetsom one sees at the base of this hole. I'm glad they changed the rule on removing loose impediments from hazards--they did didn't they? (if not I owe somebody a few more dollars.)
AKA Mayday

Matt_Ward

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
Maybe someone can weigh in if real sand has been finally placed at the trap at #17. From the two times I was there previously it was more of a photoshop creation than one based on actual reality.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back