News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jed Peters

Re: additional Doak rankings.......
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »
Kyle and Jed, I would put Rancho Murieta-North over both DH and MC.

Give me some of what you're smokin'!

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
Frankly, I think giving .5 points is a hell of a lot ballsier than the limiting 10 point system where one isn't forced to choose between courses that are close in quality.   If I had my way, I'd break it down to .25 gradations.

So any comments about "growing a pair" are misdirected and actually a safe harbor for the timid.

For instance, I believe Pacific Dunes is a better course than Friar's Head.

I think PD is close to a 10..probably a 9.75.

I don't think Friar's Head reaches that level...it's probably a 9.5.

But, in a 10 point system, I'd probably end up giving them both a 10, which as I mentioned, lets us all wimp out a bit.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 11:16:37 PM »
Frankly, I think giving .5 points is a hell of a lot ballsier than the limiting 10 point system where one isn't forced to choose between courses that are close in quality. 

JK ordered me to "grow a pair," yet he failed to specify exactly what I must grow. I can only assume he meant a pair of well-reasoned judgements that would enable me to restrict my opinions to an integer-only format.

If he meant a pair of testicles, as you have assumed, I'd probably get off of the fence before growing them. Even if it wasn't a barrier of barbed wire, it might be tough to clmb down with four stones dangling beneath my man root.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back