News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Golden

Re: Last Call: DIXIE CUP 2008
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »
very, very regrettably I am going to have to cancel.  I absolutely love World Woods and was really looking forward to this but am completely overwhelmed with work right now and just can't afford several days away.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
very, very regrettably I am going to have to cancel.  I absolutely love World Woods and was really looking forward to this but am completely overwhelmed with work right now and just can't afford several days away.

Sorry to miss you but know what you mean.  I was going to wander down Thursday and home on Monday, but have decided to haul ass down there Friday afternoon, skipping Friday golf, and leave after golf on Sunday.  Bummer.  These are "interesting times," as the old Chinese curse goes.  >:(

John Mayhugh

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
I would join just to play against that John Mayhugh guy, unfortunately college is in the way.  >:(

Cheers,
Jordan

I would hate for you to miss your first class of the semester.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 03:21:42 AM »
I would join just to play against that John Mayhugh guy, unfortunately college is in the way.  >:(

Cheers,
Jordan

John,

This event is on a weekend, thus I would not be missing class.

However, if it came down to it, I think a weekend would be harder to miss.

Cheers to college!
Jordan

Bill_McBride

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 08:33:57 AM »

Cheers,
Jordan

John,

This event is on a weekend, thus I would not be missing class.

However, if it came down to it, I think a weekend would be harder to miss.

Cheers to college!
Jordan

How's your beer pong game?  ;)

Have you learned any drinking games yet? ("Maverick!")  ::)

I hope college is all you hoped it would be.  The football team does seem to be off to a slow start.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »
The number of attendees keeps dwindling  :'(.  Down to 17, I think, with Mike G. and Kyle Harris most recently having to back out.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:21 AM »
Go one month later and I will play each year - October is impossible - November is easy.

Ian

John_Cullum

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »
Yes, we have dwindled to 17 with the departures of Mike Golden and the erstwhile Kyle.

I have notified World woods and Dunes to cancel us down to 5 tee times at each.

Saturday tee times at Pine Barrens begin at 0838, and go every 8 or 9 minutes thereafter.

Sunday Tee times at Dunes begin at 0824, and at 8  minute intervals from there. If 16 play at Dunes we will get the preferred rate of $26.50 each.

Also, regarding Friday play, we currently have two tee times reserved at Brooksville CC. at 1010 and 1019. The rate is 4 for $100.00, with coupon. Pete Levallee, Lou Duran, Mike Whitaker, Ward Peyronnin, and I are playing there. We need three more if anyone is interested.

Florida golf is quite a bargain at this time of year, and all of the courses are in bery good condition. If you had ruled out playing in this year's Dixie Cup, there is still time to make it in. The nominal cost of the golf on such solid golf courses really makes this an easy trip to budget
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:38:30 PM by John_Cullum »
"We finally beat Medicare. "

John_Cullum

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 01:57:04 PM »
Regarding evening festivities, the Dixie Cup Committee has arranged for Food and Beverage at Brooksville CC on Friday night. We will gather in the Grill and Bar around 1900 with dinner loosely organized. We have requested four 4 top tables to be seated around 2000 to 2030 hours. Those desiring to dine a little early will be graciously accomodated as will those who choose to linger at the bar a little longer.

The Brooksville CC dinner menu is available here: http://brooksvillecc.com/assets/pdf/Served%20Dinners.pdf

On Saturday evening we will gather at Silverthorn Country Club, only about 3 miles (5 minutes) from the Holiday Inn Express. Again, we will assemble in the Grill and Bar around 1930, and we will be seated together at 2015. Silverthorn has graciously offered us the member's 2 for 1 beverage special. The dinner menu at Silverthorn can be found here: http://www.silverthornclub.net/dinner.php

These are relatively small and casual clubs, but do endeavor to make a sharp appearance
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:59:06 PM by John_Cullum »

John_Cullum

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »
Do take note that dining options in Brooksville are somewhat limited. Dining in the usual spots (Carrabas or Ruby Tuesday) on weekend nights will require a long wait for a seat (as well as a crowded bar). Going to the off the beaten path locations will be far more efficient.

Also WE NEED THREE MORE PLAYERS.  A late entry will be most appreciated by the committee

ward peyronnin

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »
John

I am on board for friday morn and i would be glad to make myself presentable at the respective golf emporiums. I am also up for 36 on saturday only; i didn't come down for rest and relaxation.
I could also play two balls if you need more players of course declaring which ball will count for which team before putting inplay.
I should be at the HI Express ~6:00 TH ready to sign autographs; shoot craps ; whatever Whittaker says. And
Thanks for all you have done it will be a gas( will the one ball rule be in effect?)

Far And Sure
Ward P

"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

John_Cullum

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 08:39:55 AM »
Ward

You are in at Brooksville CC on Friday.

No ONE BALL RULE. Bill McBride is often found parading about the hazards in Pensacola with a ball retriever and he only plays with "experienced" golf balls

Bill_McBride

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »
Ward

You are in at Brooksville CC on Friday.

No ONE BALL RULE. Bill McBride is often found parading about the hazards in Pensacola with a ball retriever and he only plays with "experienced" golf balls

You are mistaking me for one of our cranes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back