News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

Re: Who will be U.S. captain in 2010 and beyond?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 09:48:56 PM »
Let Azinger be the captain again for as long as he keeps the cup.  I'm not a big fan of 'well, it's his turn for one' for picking the captains.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 10:08:23 PM »
Let Azinger be the captain again for as long as he keeps the cup.  I'm not a big fan of 'well, it's his turn for one' for picking the captains.

I 2nd this motion.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Pat Burke

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 10:27:48 PM »
The PGA of America should account for its own stupidity in ignoring Larry Nelson.

The man won three majors -- two of them PGA Championships, was a phenom in past Ryder Cup play and has had an outstanding senior career.

Before all the other names get thrown into the hopper -- Nelson needs his time in the sun.

Absolutely agree.  One of the worst oversights in my opinion.  3 majors, great Ryder Cupper, and by the actually served our country in battle.  I think it sucks that he has not been a captain

Matt_Ward

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 12:32:20 AM »
Ron:

Please nuff of the Bill Maz stuff. The guy got into the H of F simply because of one swing of the bat.

In regards to Nelson I'll admit he was never dominant to challenge the likes of a Watson or others during his high times -- but he did beat Watson down the stretch in an Open that had Watson's finerprints on it all the way through until the 71st hole when Ole Tom could not birdie the 17th at Oakmont and was quite fortunate to drain a meaingless long bomb putt at the 72nd to make the official margin of victory for Larry seem closer than it was.

Please don't me how to feel ("naive and romantic") in regards to Nelson. The PGA of America could right the clear wrong they did and have the GA native serve. What's confounding to me and others is the stubborn refusal of the PGA to admit they shortchanged badly a player and man of the caliber of Larry Nelson.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 01:51:11 PM »
Crikey, man, don't read feelings into my posts.  I've enough trouble sorting out my own feelings, without pontificating from the pulpit to you.  Larry, Hale and Johnny won't be captains.  DL3 is currently 43-ish, too young to Captain by recent standards.  Corey should already have been approached, IF the PGAofA is not to re-hire Azinger.  Regardless of whom they tap, the Azinger model should become standard issue.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back