News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Pine Lakes International (The Grandaddy) is one of the oldest courses in South Carolina, having been designed by Robert White, the first president of the PGA, in 1927.

The Grandaddy is currently undergoing a major renovation and is scheduled to reopen in March 2009. I thought some of you might enjoy this early look at the "new" Pine Lakes International:

http://www.golfholiday.com/content/first-look-at-the-new-grandaddy.cfm

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Andy Hughes

Michael, thanks for the link. Have you had a chance to take a peak?
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Adam Clayman

The pics exude a completely different feeling than I remember from years ago.

It would not have taken much too improve this course and from the pix they have gone over and above the minimum.

If I do ever go back, i'd be interested in seeing this renovation.

Thanx Michael.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Michael Whitaker

Michael, thanks for the link. Have you had a chance to take a peak?

Not yet... but, I'm planning to go by there mid-October. I'll try to get some good pics.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike_Cirba

It might be too much to expect a "restoration" of one of the remaining works of the first President of the PGA of America, but I'm hopeful that Schreiner, et.al. are truly looking to recapture some history instead of creating another tourist trap.

I have some cool Robert White stuff near me including Berkleigh and Green Hills and Northampton so I guess I should just be thankful for that.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:02:46 PM by MikeCirba »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back