News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Prairie Club's Horse Course
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »
Geoff has some very cool updated construction photos and descriptions posted.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/prairie-club/

I can't figure out how to embed but you can click for an example full size photo

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/HorseCourse10thteegrowingin.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1220894227722

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Gene Greco

Re: Prairie Club's Horse Course
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:36:58 PM »
         Is that terrain really THAT varied?

Sandhills, trees, flats, valleys and gorges all appear to shown in these pics.

Merion of the midwest, can't wait to play it!
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jason Hines

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the links Buck, I will have to keep checking back.  I knew this course would finally get off the ground once I moved from Nebraska!

On another note, what value is a par three course in a resort/secluded setting such as Prairie Club?  I know there is one at Sutton Bay and I am sure there are others around the country.  My answer to the question is that a par 3 would justify taking the younger family members.  I am taking my 3 year old out for the first time this Saturday to my club but of course you have to wait until later in the day and take a cart so we don’t get in the way of others.   Here or at a place like Sutton Bay, you could play all day with the younger members of your family.

Ron Farris

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:00:00 AM »
Just looking at the Horse Course gets me excited about working on the short game.  There are some very interesting shots availed.
This course is very different from the Sutton Bay Par 3 course.  They are both great fun, or so I suspect, having only played one hole at Sutton. 
The creativity of the gentlemen from Scotland who built this beauty runs high.  Gil and Geoff have very dedicated and talented people working for them here in Valentine.  Only one Scot remains, Ross Weeden and I can not understand a word he says as it is very contrasting to the Sand Hills twang.

As a joke I photoshopped the flag which they so proudly planted in the Sand Hills.
The real flag is getting battered by the persistant winds.

As you can see the grass is coming along nicely.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back