News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

Colonial CC (pics)
« on: August 03, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »
The following are just some pictures of whats going on here at Colonial CC this summer. We are undergoing a multi million dollar renovation/restoration by Keith Foster and TDI Internationsl is doing the construction work. The tees are all being laser leveled and made slightly larger, while all the bunkers are being reworked with all new bunker liner, drainage and new sand. The course will gain about 130 yards and have some very neat chipping areas added!

#11 Fairway

#11 Green

#11 Green from the left

#12 Green

New #13 Green being shaped

#15 Green

Restored Bunkers on #15 fairway

#16 Green

#17 Green

#17 Tee

Lastly, its important to stay cool in the Texas heat!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:47:52 PM by Anthony_Nysse »
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

David Stamm

Re: Colonial CC
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
Thnaks for posting these Tony! From what I can tell, I like the way the 15th and 17th green sites are looking. The bunkers on 15 look more imposing compared to the photo of 15 below. 

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Trey Kemp

Re: Colonial CC (pics)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »
Thanks for posting, Tony!  I can't wait to get out there and see it.
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

Bruce Leland

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
Tony:  Is it me or is the 13th green smaller than the old green.  Maybe it's just the perspective from behind it that is throwing me. 
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 06:50:39 PM »
Bruce,
  The old green was about 7500 sq feet and the new one will be 4500-5000 square.

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
Are you surviving this heat? It is too hot to play or practice.There is a big difference between 95 and 107.Is it slowing anything down? The dormant grass picture sure looks refreshing.Cant wait for Sept and the resumption of the golf season.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
These look fantastic!

PThomas

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
thanks for posting Tony...hope it all goes well...pls keep us posted on your progress
198 played, only 2 to go!!

mike_beene

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 11:26:28 PM »
Tony,are you leaving the same sand in the bunkers?You in the traps are hazards crowd look away,but this is some of the most playable sand there is.

JWL

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »
Thanks for posting Tony.
I look forward to seeing the course once the renovation is completed.
Quick question.    Can you tell me where the bunker sand is coming from and what the penetrometer reading might be.   Thanks and good luck.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:11 AM »
The sand that you see in the bunkers is the sand that will remain in the bunkers. It is a sand out of Arkansas and drains at remarkable rates. (I'll get the number.) We're still getting a decent amount of golf, even though there are only 8 holes open.

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »
Update
Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Bruce Leland

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:12:58 AM »
This thread has me salivating to get back to Ft. Worth for a dose of CCC followed by a great chicken fried steak at Lucille's!
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:43 PM »
update

#16 Green

#1 from the fairway

#2 from the fairway

#18 left greenside bunker. (This one is deep) Looking for a nickname-any suggestions?

Across the pond from #10 fwy

Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Ian_L

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »
Restored Bunkers on #15 fairway

Well that settles it, you CAN have undulations in bunkers! :P

Paul Carey

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
Tony,

Looks good.  The new sand surely stands out versus the older sand.  Will it stay that way?

The 13th green looks quite a bit different.  As  I remember it it was pretty large and nondescript but with some subtle breaks (ok I missed a 3 footer by 4 inches because of a misread!).  Has it been changed a lot?

I will be down for the Stanford game and I will be taking a look through the fence as I head to Joe T's for some pregame everclear Margaritas.   

J_ Crisham

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »
The bunker on 18 is deep enough to be known as Hogan's Valley! ;D  Nice pictures of the work in progress-any target completion dates?   Jack

Ian_L

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »
How about: "The Oven Mitt." :P

Randy Thompson

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
Anthony,
I was in Fort Worth a month ago, should have come by and visited, next time for sure. What are using on the greens. The od greens are of the A series are they not, so I assume you will continue to keep consistency!

tlavin

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »
Looks like you'd need the Jaws of Life to get out of that greenside bunker on 18.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »
Randy,
  We have A4 ont he greens here and are keeping the consistance with the extensions and also the new green on #13.

Jack,
  our target date to be finished is the first part of October-This are moving along nicely. Fingers crossed we dont get any weather to set us back. We dodged a bullet this week!

Paul,
  Yes, the new sand will remain on the 'whiter' side and reall makes the new bunkers 'pop.' They set up great and a fun to play out of. The new 13th green is quite differnt. i'll post a close up soon after the sod is laid. it's going to be an incredible golf hole, even more daram than before. IM me when youre in town.

I like that nicknames! Keep em comin!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back