News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Power Play Golf
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:10 PM »
The latest Links Magazine has a small story about an alternative form of golf.

Nine holes. Stableford scoring (double eagle = 5 points down to bogie = 1 point). Half of 18-hole handicap is applied to calculate net scores.

The twist, each green has two pins, an easy one with a white flag and a difficult one with a black flag.

Players must state which flag they are going for on the tee. If one makes net birdie or better going for the black flag (the Power Play), their points are doubled. Players may use 3 power plays in the first 8 holes. They may add a 4th on the 9th hole, but at the risk of -2 points if they make a net bogey or worse.

Personally, I'm curious about what happens if a player (accidently or otherwise) puts their ball in the hole opposite to the one they declared on the tee.

Thoughts, anyone?
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Ian_L

Re: Power Play Golf
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
At Boundary Oak Golf Course in Walnut Creek, CA they have a par 3 with a green about 50 yards wide, if the pin is on the left side, they don't bother to cover up the hole on the right.  I assume the player could take relief?

Jon Heise

Re: Power Play Golf
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »
Id like to give it a shot!  Sound quick, sounds fun, sounds competitive.  Only thing I wouldnt like is to constantly see the second flag out there when youre playing a traditional round.  Maybe if they had select times of the day/week to play with Power Play, that'd be a better option. 
I still like Greywalls better.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back