News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Schaan

Hello Golf Club Atlas
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »
Hello all, a short bit about me.

Graduated Washington State University - 2003 Landscape Architecture, worked for John Harbottle III as a design associate and draftsmen 2002-2006, Assistant Construction Superintendent - Chambers Bay 2005-2006, Joined David McLay Kidd's team in 2006 when Tetherow started, and currently finishing Huntsman Springs in Driggs Idaho near Grand Teton National Park.

I'm excited to share my thoughts and more importantly hear everyone elses, glad to be a part.

Thanks Joe Hancock for your help this summer at Huntsman, I sure appreciated your talents and thoughts. Hopefully we can play in the dirt again sometime soon.

Phil_the_Author

Re: Hello Golf Club Atlas
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »
Welcome aboard! Congratulations on Chambers Bay.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
Howdee. Any friend of Grampa Joe's is a... is a... welcome.

Are you ready to rumble?

Just don't take anything personal, and you'll be just fine.
And, when you think they are out to censor you or that you are thread killer, lay down under a tree (and then cut it down) until the feeling passes. It just ain't so.

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
Nick,

Funny, I was going to call you tomorrow to see how things are going out there. I still will.

All I expect from you here is to dispel any  myths about my Grandpa-like appearance, or that I have any craziness about me...... ;D

I had a great summer with all you guys at Huntsman Springs. I mean that very sincerely.

Welcome to the nuthouse......

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »
Nick:

Do you work for David Kidd or the construction company that Scott and Joe work with?   Tell us about Huntsman Springs, is it similar to Tetherow?

Jordan Wall

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:58:42 AM »
Nick,

As a current WSU student, I'm excited to hear from an alumni.  The new golf course, done by Mr. Harbottle, is a fun one with some cool bunkering.  Welcome aboard, I look forward to listening to the things you have to contribute.

Cheers,
Jordan

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 05:58:33 AM »
Hi Nick

'Hello, Good Morning and Welcome' as Sir David Frost would say.

Welcome indeed, and please note I do not blame you for the location of the Castle Course at St Andrews. I fully understand that it was out of your hands.

I hope you get to work on real links land in years to come.

I would advocate at all times that you voice your true opinions on this site no matter how it maybe received. Knowledge comes from the accumulation of information and should always be embraced.

Look forward to reading your posts.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
Nick,

As a current WSU student, I'm excited to hear from an alumni.  The new golf course, done by Mr. Harbottle, is a fun one with some cool bunkering.  Welcome aboard, I look forward to listening to the things you have to contribute.

Cheers,
Jordan

Whoa, when did you get to college?

Our little Jordan is growing up.

Nick Schaan

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »
Nick:

Do you work for David Kidd or the construction company that Scott and Joe work with?   Tell us about Huntsman Springs, is it similar to Tetherow?

Joel,

I work Directly for David Kidd. I am a Senior Design Associate working on Huntsman Springs currently and a another few in design. Scott and Joe are working at Huntsman Springs with Jim Haley. I am fortunate to have spent nearly every weekday forhte last two years, outside of winter, working with these guys.

Nick Schaan

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »
Nick,

Cheers,
Jordan

Jordan,

I did the plan work for that project and visited a couple of times during construction. I think the world of John, and hope to get back soon to see and play it.  Go Cougs!

Nick Schaan

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:13 AM »
Nick:

Joel,

Huntsman is nothing like anything we have done to date. The project  is a residential development that encompasses some 1500 acres half of which were wetlands. The soils were gravelly and we imported nearly 300,000 yds of sand from nearby. I'll post some pics soon.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 07:55:37 AM »
Nick. I'm curious what you think about the treehouse here @ GCA? How did you hear about it? And what pre-conceived notions you may have had coming in?  Thanx
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back