News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

tlavin

Yesterday's dream golfmates
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »
At the new and wonderful Olympia Fields South course:  Myself, Josh Lesnik (first Bandon g.m. and president of KemperSports, Ran Morrissett (most beloved figure in golf) and Mike Keiser (you know who he is).  To top it off, we had the course renovation chairman Jeff Goldman with us to go over the details.

Quick verdicts by the cognoscenti: Terrific job on the renovation.  Visually stunning, with handsome and playable bunkers.  Keiser said he likes both courses at Olympia but would prefer to play the South.  Ran ran out of superlatives, but I'm guessing he'll weigh in on the subject shortly.

Adam Clayman

Re: Yesterday's dream golfmates
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
I was also honored to get the guided tour from Jeff. He did an admirable job with tough political undertones.

To be frank, I felt the course was O.K. A great second course that's very playable for all levels. I was not overly excited about the stylings, but that's my issue. Some of the lost opportunities to create a more naturalistic course would likely put most golfers to sleep. Even though the ground had plenty of interest, just not on a micro level and that was the reason for the modern shaped features. (Think Jim Engh like muscles) The look and feel of the tenth hole reminded of old Big Run with the reparian across the fairway.

All in all the course it replaced was not as OK (according to the host) so, It is an improvement.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
Terry,

As I was telling Eldrick on the phone yesterday, I hate it when people drop names.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Bert

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
Terry,

As I was telling Eldrick on the phone yesterday, I hate it when people drop names.

Bogey

Michael Jordan, Alex Rodriguez, and I talk about that ALL the time.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back