News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re: Cypress Point - Front 9 Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 01:28:54 PM »
Anthony:
Not that you need such, but you are COMPLETELY excused.

;D ;D

Anthony Butler

From the 'Get a Room' Files
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »
Anthony:
Not that you need such, but you are COMPLETELY excused.

;D ;D
When Feherty and Nance start rhapsodizing over Shark and Chrissie's trim physiques... I won't be able to get all those foot rubs out of my mind.  :P
Next!

Ted Kramer

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »
The native areas look GREAT.
The overly white, oddly shaped, un-natural looking bunkers are awful.
Maybe it is the contrast between the two that make both the positive and negative stand out so much to me . . .

-Ted

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
The native areas look GREAT.
The overly white, oddly shaped, un-natural looking bunkers are awful.
Maybe it is the contrast between the two that make both the positive and negative stand out so much to me . . .

-Ted

I get that, Ted.  I don't fully agree, but I understand it.  One thing also - if color is the issue, well.. look at the pics I posted, were were from Friday April 3.  Perhaps the bunkers are too white still for you, but they are definitely not blindingly white as they were when first re-done.  As many here predicted, they have softened over time.

Anyway what I don't get is how far you take this.  What I tried to ask above and show with the examples is that at least for me, the massive good outweighs this potential bad.

Is it all so bad for you that that is not the case?

That is what I am trying to ascertain.  You were rather extreme in previous statements in this thread.  Just not sure how far you take it.

TH
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 03:43:37 PM by Tom Huckaby »

PThomas

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
Tom,

Those pics are awful...why would anyone want to play at a unnatural looking dump like that..  ;D

i'll gladly take anyone's tee time if they are too offended by the looks of the place! ;) ;D
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tom Birkert

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
I loved the front 9. The back to back par 5s, the back to back driveable par 4s (if you're mad and take a swing at 8).

No 4 is a gorgeous looking hole, as, to be honest, they all are.

What took me by surprise was the amount of slope in the greens. The 1st in particular had severe slopes on it.

Can't wait to get back there again. Bring on October!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
Tom:  you must REALLY hit it far if you find back to back driveable par 4s on the front nine at CPC.

I assume you mean 8 and 9.. but man if one has helping wind, the other is hurting... typical wind would be dead downwind on 9, somewhat crossing and into on 8.

And even without wind.. that is one HUGE carry to get over the entirety of the dunes on 8 and reach the green.  I don't doubt it can be done by today's massive hitters... but can you just humor me by calling them back to back great short par fours?

;D

Tom Birkert

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »
Tom:  you must REALLY hit it far if you find back to back driveable par 4s on the front nine at CPC.

I assume you mean 8 and 9.. but man if one has helping wind, the other is hurting... typical wind would be dead downwind on 9, somewhat crossing and into on 8.

And even without wind.. that is one HUGE carry to get over the entirety of the dunes on 8 and reach the green.  I don't doubt it can be done by today's massive hitters... but can you just humor me by calling them back to back great short par fours?

;D

Consider it done!

I've only played once and hit a hybrid off 8 tee rather than going for the green and while driving either of them is beyond me I certainly know people who could.

The point I was trying to make is that I love the quirk factor of having back to back 5s and back to back great short 4s ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:37 PM »
Much better.  ;D

And re 8, oh yeah I'm sure it can be done.  I just wonder what type of a percentage play that is for ANYONE.  Jeez think Bubba Watson or JB Holmes even try it if anything at all is at stake?

Seems to me akin to driving it straight at the green on 17; ie clearing the seawall.  I have heard it can be done and has been done.. but talk about a low percentage play.....

TH

Will Smith

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »
Anthony-

What are you trying to say? I don't know how to photograph a course? I am proud of my photos and video. Ironically I think you and I are on the same page about the bunkers.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:34 PM »
Anthony-

What are you trying to say? I don't know how to photograph a course? I am proud of my photos and video. Ironically I think you and I are on the same page about the bunkers.
I'm glad we agree on the bunkers. As far as the photography, I don't want to get all Simon Cowell on you, but if your intention was to show the bunker renovation has removed some of the unique character of the course, you photos helped make your point. Half of them look like they could have been taken at MPCC or Spyglass. The cheesy pan/zoom function in iMovie doesn't help either.
Next!

Jed Peters

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 12:37:43 AM »
The bunkers are unreal.

The course is unreal.

The feel is unreal.

UNQUESTIONABLY the best golf course I've ever played or been on.

You guys are nuts.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back