News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

Martin Hawtree's Tarandowah - Ontario Canada
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:59:31 AM »
The course is far west of Toronto closer to London.

http://www.puregolf.net/

Last year Robert Thompson has blogged about it positively, wanted to find out has any of the contingent played it this year?

Is it worthy of the trip if in the area?
Integrity in the moment of choice

Robert Thompson

Re: Martin Hawtree's Tarandowah - Ontario Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »
John: Wow. Two Canadian subjects on the board at the same time.

I don't know anyone who wasn't impressed by Tarandowah. It is cheap -- green fee around $40 -- and the course has the feel of a links, even if it is Southern Ontario and a farm field. The owners didn't have much cash, which may not be a bad thing. No frills golf, for sure, but a pretty fun experience on a great course.

Worth the trip? I'd say so. Let me know if you're going and I'll join you.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
Robert's touting it as best new in (Canada? Ontario?) on his blog too.  I played it once last fall, making the trek from Toronto.  Is it worth the trip; depends on your tolerance for driving and your desire to play new, and a bit different courses, for this area.  I don't think it will ever make it to top 100 status; there are too many mundane holes on the eastern (clubhouse) end of the property.  The holes on the western end are very entertaining - especially the short par 4 thirteenth, the one they show on their home page.  The western holes have some elevation change, lots of movement in the fairways and greens and pretty good facsimiles of pot bunkers.  Hard to beat the price.

John Foley

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
Guys - thanks - I will look it up and report back.

Robert - Love to hook up again - Sorry for the short notice - but I'm trying to get out on Wednesday AM.

If you are interested let me know - If there are any others interested let me know and we'll try to get together.

Integrity in the moment of choice

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
I played it in July and would go back often if I lived in the London or K/W area. Even from Toronto, the price is still attractive. Would it be very good golf for $100? I'm not sure, but it's sure a steal at $40.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back