News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Dryject green aeration ---- Very impressed
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »
We used the Dryject system for green aerification last Monday.  What a great job it did - put a lot of sand into the green and really served to get the oxygen down there.

What amazed me was the fact that the greens were at 90% the following day.  Today, only 6 days later, they putted at 99%.  Only affect today was the fact that the greens were a LITTLE soft.

I'm just a member and far from an agronomic expert, but this system, to a golfer, really did a wonderful job.

David_Madison

Re: Dryject green aeration ---- Very impressed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
Agreed, a complete non-event from a putting surface perspective. 90% might even be too critical. A downside is that it is very expensive. I believe that our club paid something like $8,000 for 27 greens plus 3 practice greens, and we had to supply the sand and the labor to keep filling the Dryject unit with sand.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
Keep in mind that this process DOES NOT replace the normal core aerification. This is an added tool to get more sand into the profile and allow for gasses to exchange. Core aerification cannot be neglected and it is nessesary for the removal of organic matter. A very good tool, yes, but not a complete replacement.

Tony Nysse
Asst Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
They use it at NGLA and I was impressed.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
Anthony - completely agree.  We had a deep tine core aeration earlier in the year.  From what I understand they went as far down (to the gravel base?) as possible.  This, along with a serious H2O "diet", has resulted in awesome putting green conditions.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 09:46:32 AM »
We use a PlanetAir on our greens and boxes in-between core aerifications, to good effect, but I don't think the holes get as big nor is sand used with the PlanetAir vs. the Dryject. 

I think the main difference is frequent use (bi-weekly) of the PlanetAir (and no sand) vs. annual Dryject-ing -- with sand.   

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »
Dan, We've dryjected 2x this year with the possibilities of another this fall-were sold! With the renovation work that is occuring, were peeling back greens in some instances and upon doing so, you can see a nice, clean hole filled with sand from the dryject. And thats at 2.5 incehs down. A Great tool!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
Anthony,  I am curious to know what your impression of the sand graden is.  We have been using it for the last few years and it seems as though we get a lot more thatch removed and sand injected into the furrows than we achieved with core aeration.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back