News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charles Scalzott

I will have the pleasure of playing MGCC this weekend and would like to hear from those of you who have played the course.  Do you like it?  Love it?  Hate it?  Why or why not?

I'm excited to play it and would love to hear your commentary.

Thanks!

Chuck

Bill Shotzbarger

There is absolutely no way you can possibly hate the course. I LOVE the place and you will too. From the opening tee shot you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

P.S. I'm playing there tomorrow  :P

Bob Harris

It's one of my favorites also.  Check out their  website for tour of the course.

http://www.mg-cc.org/coursetour/5351/

mike_malone

I love the par threes; I love the third hole; I am lukewarm on the par fives ; and wish #2 had the creek along the left side . There are just too many creeks in front of the greens for my taste. But, the overall experince is wonderful Flynn.
AKA Mayday

Charles Scalzott

Thanks for the replies...how have you found the condition of course?  Does it get firm and fast?

wsmorrison

Chuck,

Scott May, the superintendent of MGCC was a student of Scott Anderson at Huntingdon Valley CC.  Scott Anderson is all about playability and has a unique process to maintain firm and fast.  His influence on Scott May is direct and has resulted in a fabulous turn around in maintenance practices.  While many more trees need to come down, the course is moving quickly in the right direction.  MGCC has rye fairways, so the results may vary a bit depending upon the weather, however they prioritize playability over aesthetics.  I look forward to hearing your feedback after your visit.  If you get a chance, stop over at HVCC, it is only a few minutes away.
Regards,
Wayne

Charles Scalzott

Thanks Wayne.  I will be sure to report back with my experience.  I am having dinner at HVCC on Thursday night - unfortunatley not playing the course that day however.

I will stay in touch with how my round at MGCC turned out - I'm playing it Friday morning.

Chuck

wsmorrison

MGCC Routing

MGCC 4

MGCC 8

MGCC 16

MGCC 18 (upper and lower greens)

Charles Scalzott

Thanks for the great pics and routing!

Bob Harris

Thanks for the replies...how have you found the condition of course?  Does it get firm and fast?

Depends on the weather, with all of the low lying areas near the creek, some of the fairways could be soft.  The greens are usually fast and firm.

When you get to 16 and 17, LuLu's 10th tee and 9th and 16th green will be directly across the street. 

Charles Scalzott

I've had the pleasure to look the other direction through the fence from lu lu to mannies...now I'll try it the other way around.

Chris Holcombe

You will love it. What a sight it must have been from/to the clubhouse before all the trees "grew up".

Rob_Waldron

I caddied at Manny's from Junior High through college. It remains one of my all time favorite courses. If you play #18 as a par 5 then the course has 5 par 3's and 5 par 5's. Besides the great golf course the D&W hot dogs at the halfway house were always a favorite. There is nothing like a ride up the tram after the round.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back