News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Moore II

Re: O/T - Course/Club Nicknames
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
I know several people that refer to Eagle Point, the exclusive Wilmington, NC club, as Ego Point.

Along those same lines, some of Landfall's (also in Wilmington) biggest critics refer to it as LandFill.

I would gladly go back and play "Ego Point" again ;D

My current Super worked on the Nicklaus course at Landfall, and his old boss is Director of Grounds at Eagle Point.

Paul Carey

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 10:04:58 PM »
Redgate in Rockville Maryland is often called "Redneck"

Pat Brockwell

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 09:33:07 AM »
I've heard my course, Black Mesa, called Blind Mesa.  Sometimes we play it at night, when there is no moon.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »
Ed,

Norfolk CC- fun little hidden away gem, it is entirely possible to be the only players on this course. We call it "No- Folk".

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:58:24 AM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Greg Krueger

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
There used to be a course in a not so great part of Atlanta that was called Pine Hills and became known as Crime Hills ;D

Richard Boult

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »
A nearby course added a third nine some years ago named the "Oaks", on what many think was too little acreage... It is known by most locals now as the "Jokes".

At Monarch Dunes, we've named the corner located at the 15th green and 16th tee as "Amen Corner" because you finally leave the shade and cold breezes found on 12-15 and return to the warm sunshine to finish the round.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back