News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Actually being hosted in Hong Kong. A perfectly good golf course being chewed up by some unspeakable snobs ;) forcing their poor enslaved beasts to perform ridiculous circus tricks.

http://en.beijing2008.cn/sports/equestrian/

"C'moan the Hoarses!!!" ;D

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Kalen Braley

That is kinda brutal....

http://en.beijing2008.cn/cptvenues/venues/equ/n214076123.shtml

Course looks decent to me, but I must say i object to the roundish large bunkers.  They should be smaller with big hairy eyebrows on them.  Then it would be a real pity!!  ;D

"The Cross-Country venue will be converted from the Beas River Country Club and the adjacent Hong Kong Golf Club"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:32:58 PM by Kalen Braley »

Mark Bourgeois

I played Fanling last year when they were building like crazy next to one of the holes I really liked. Don't tell me they're giddyupping that hole!

Steeplechase and polo are manly but dressage is worse than tennis and maybe level with synchronized diving.

Craig Sweet

Interestingly, the sport is quite dangerous....in the past year a dozen riders have either been killed or paralyzed in competition.   

I read somewhere that the sport is far deadlier than NASCAR or any other type of auto racing...
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Jim_Kennedy

Horses for courses, FBD.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Dan Herrmann

GCA has come full circle.  Originally we had GCA based on steeplechase.  Now we have steeplechase based on GCA.

Paul Saathoff

I believe the course is on Fanling's non tourney course (they host a Euro/Asia PGA cosanctioned event on one of their courses) which I've heard isn't very good, just like the other courses we have here in HK.

Local TV coverage here interviewed several people leaving the Dressage portion of the events in absolute boredom.  They showed a panning clip of the stands with several people dead asleep.  Thrilling stuff indeed.   

Jim Nugent

The driving range at St. Louis CC used to also serve as a polo field. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back