News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

PGA Championship Meetup
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
Who's going to be at Oakland Hills?  Let's set up a meeting place:  day, time, and location.  I've never been to the course so I don't know what works during tournament week...any ideas?

Chuck Brown

Re: PGA Championship Meetup
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
Jay, I'd like to be part of it.

There is a nice golf-themed restaurant called Hogan's (yes the same one, at least in concept) at the northwest corner of Telegraph Road and Maple Road.  It is about a quarter-mile from the golf course; walking distance for the sturdy of leg.  It is clearly the closest real watering hole to the golf course.  It was filled with Euros after the Ryder Cup.  I can check with them on availability for us.  I am a regular there.  It would be perfect for a GCA gathering.

If that location is too close to the traffic (it could be), I can suggest any number of other places near to where people park, carpool, catch shuttle buses, etc.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »
The restaurant sounds nice.  Lets try to schedule that AND an on-course meetup.  What day and time do you think works for Hogans?

What about a place on the course?

Chuck Brown

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
As for times and dates, Jay, I am going to let the greater group take the lead on that.
As far as on-course locations, I can probably help.  Just about all of the tents and major structures are up now; I'll try to figure out a good spot. 

Everybody should note that the wonderful viewing area on the hilltop at the confluence of 8-green, 11-green and 12-tee will be cramped beyond all usefulness, thanks to a new, bumped-back 12-tee. >:(

Jay Flemma

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
I guess 13 is a bad choice too ;D

Maybe somewhere on the front?

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »
bump

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »
Jay,

I'll be there on Friday.  And I suggest the whole group meet 45 miles south in Toledo at world famous Tony Packos!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jay Flemma

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
How about for on the course on friday?  any recommendations, Jeff?  Somewhere on the front?

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:01:10 PM »
I plan to be there Thursday, and maybe Sunday too.
jeffmingay.com

Jay Flemma

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
How about thursday...on the front...at about 3:30?

Jeff, IM me your cell phone and we can make arrangements.  It'd be great to hang with you.

Chuck Brown

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 12:45:11 AM »
I'll be at OHCC tomorrow afternoon, and I will probably get dinner at either Hogan's (Telegraph Road N. of Maple Road) or Brandy's (Telegraph Road N. of Square Lake Road -- almost to Orcahrd Lake Road).

Let me know if you are interested.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 03:05:49 PM »
call me on the cell and we'll try to arrange something.  I found Hogan's actually!

Happily, there are several restaurants by the media hotel too.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »
Chuck, I'm here, buzz me on the number I im'd to you.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »
The first meet-up is tomorrow at 12:30 in front of the media center.  I'll wear all black so you can pick me out easily.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back