News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Fortson

Sand Creek Station, KS
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »
I'm running an event here this weekend.  Just took a look at the course and it's not too bad.  I know Jeff Brauer designed it but can anyone give me some more information or thoughts on this course.  Or maybe point me to a thread that already covered it.

Thanks.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: Sand Creek Station, KS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »
Just took a look at the course and it's not too bad. 

Can't wait to see this quote framed in the Golfscapes home office.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
Just took a look at the course and it's not too bad. 

Can't wait to see this quote framed in the Golfscapes home office.

John,

I took a very quick view of the course yesterday as I had many other obligations.  When I said it was "not too bad" I meant it as a compliment in passing.  After further study I have found the course to my liking.  There are some strong green complexes and wish I could play it.  Unfortunately, I am injured and can't play right now.  I do think it is an above average design and feel you get tremendous value for your dollar here.  A very friendly staff compliments this course well.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
Jeff,

Sorry to hear your hand hurts and you can't play. Judging by your "compliments" I presume its your right hand that's hurt? (insert smiley) ;D  Hope the rest of the tournament goes well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 05:55:48 PM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »
Jeff,

I hurt it playing tennis.  The tournament is going well and the guys prepping for the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide event here tomorrow seem to all enjoy the course. 

I like many of the green sites and the choice of bent grass for the fairways.  I thought the Road Hole replica (or at least inspired) green is quite good.  The only complaint I'm getting from any players is about #2 and the fact that #2, #4 and #10 (all of which are 600+ yard, par 5's) can play into a head wind.  Fortunately there are plenty of tee options and if a tournament coordinator has any brains he can simply move those tees up in the 550-570 yard range like I have. 

Nice job on this one.  We will definitely come back.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Jeff_Brauer

Re: Sand Creek Station, KS New
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
To the esteemed Mr. Jeff Fortson,

Thank you for the report and compliments.

This must be my week to connect with the Nationwide Tour, with the main event being played on my course up in Omaha, and a qualifier starting on my course in Newton.  I know Champions isn't long enough for them.  I figure if they use the back tees SCS will be.  Sounds like they may not be playing it all the way back, but I guess they feel its their "right" to reach par 5's.

BTW, no 16 was as much of a direct copy as I could make of the Road Hole green, not an inspiration.  I got the dimensions out of their yardage guide.  No. 4 generally plays the opposite direction from No. 2 and 10.  The wind would have to switch directions pretty quickly to have them all play into the wind on the same day.  Typically, 4 would be downwind on the second shot, and you can short cut over the trees to shorten that hole up a bit.

I'll watch with interest.

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:27:21 PM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back