News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Clark

Re: Pres. Bush to Dallas - Where to play?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »
Based on closeness to where he is likely to live, and membership make up, the leader has to be Dallas Country Club.  I would bet on a secondary membership at Dallas National.  Brook Hollow would be the other choice.  While Northwood hasn't been as exclusionary as Preston Trail, it has a history that would likely factor in to a former Prez's decision.

Jay,

I agree that dormant bermuda greens in the winter can be very nice.  However, Cowboys has overseeded their greens with poa during the winter in the past (I wasn't out there last winter so I'm not sure what they did).  The result for me has been much poorer putting surfaces than if they had just stayed with the dormant grass.  Very nice course however.

Pine Dunes is the best public course within 2 hours of Dallas.  In fact it is better than most of the the top private courses as well.  Love that place.

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
IMHO, Pine Dunes could be the best public course in the entire state. It's easily the best public course for the money (@$90).

Has anyone been there lately? Every time I have ventured to Frankston, there are only a handful of groups on the course. Anyone familiar with the amount of rounds they do? Do they get heavy weekend play?

RJ_Daley

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:35 PM »
IMHO, Pine Dunes could be the best public course in the entire state. It's easily the best public course for the money (@$90).

Has anyone been there lately? Every time I have ventured to Frankston, there are only a handful of groups on the course. Anyone familiar with the amount of rounds they do? Do they get heavy weekend play?

Here is a thread with pictures from my round earlier this spring...

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,33839.0.html

I played on a weekend and they were fairly busy.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
The whole thing about him not playing golf due to the war is only in effect while he's still president, right?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »
It is unclear if he will play or watch in the McCain fund raiser of $5000 a green fee to play at Cape Arundel which is coming up soon....  oh, and that other known violation of his own moratorium to give it up which took place a couple months after he declared he'd quit in deference to the killed and wounded families that he didn't want to have them see him recreating and enjoying golf while they were dealing with their grief, which might be perceived as the result of his own agenda, and callous demeanor. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

corey miller

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

Does this have to be about politics?  We do have a very recent example of the challanges faced by a golf loving ex-president in Westchester County.

It is funny  that we have guys who have been large contributors to this site offering to leave and we have a guy with 7000 posts who always seems to inject politics into every thread possible.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »
Forget the oil,

These guys could be on to something..supposedly they will have commercial quantities available in 3-5 years

http://www.greencrudeproduction.com/index.html

Chuck Brown

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
No politics, if you please.  I actually know very little about Dallas-Ft. Worth golf, and I'd like to know more.  It's a club-rich area, and they do love their golf in Texas.  For all sorts of interesting reasons that GCA is uniquely equipped to comment on, where a former President of the United States decides to make his golf-club home is actually a pretty good question, I think.

My olive-branch to the Bush-hating branch of the GCA membership is that I'd be happy to hear about President Clinton's golf club choices, but only if we confine the discussion to golf clubs.  But for GCA, I'd have never known that Barack Obama had been a semi-frequent guest at Olympia Fields...

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
Forget the oil,

These guys could be on to something..supposedly they will have commercial quantities available in 3-5 years

ALGAE!! It is the answer. Don't let this other biofuel stuff fool you.

You know what I would really like to know. If the people who voted for this goof 2 TIMES feels kind of responsible for the poor state of our country right now.

Will MacEwen

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »
Why did Emmitt get bounced from Preston Trail?  If it was his television work, I fully understand.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
Any course with a nice cliff he can drive off?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Sean Leary

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »
Very classy Tim.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »
Forget the oil,

ALGAE!! It is the answer. Don't let this other biofuel stuff fool you.

You know what I would really like to know. If the people who voted for this goof 2 TIMES feels kind of responsible for the poor state of our country right now.

Everybody ought to feel responsible for the condition of our country. Of course, one could always blame one man, that's the American way, after all.

This is the kind of BS that is a blight on this discussion group. Provocative titles, political activists (that aren't active in politics, just finger pointing at politicians as the cause of all woes in our country)...etc.

I don't get it. Complain at the voting booth, keep it out of here.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bill_McBride

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
Opinions are like assholes. 

Everyone's got one, and he's entitled to it.

Brad Huff

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
Why did Emmitt get bounced from Preston Trail?  If it was his television work, I fully understand.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I don't think he got bounced, he got told they didn't need him as a member when he tried to join.  This is a story I've heard.  I can't confirm it.  It's obviously possible that it's myth.  This has been some time ago that I heard this (90s).  Had they let him in, they would surely have booted him after seeing his TV work.  I love him, but he sucks on TV.  Learn to conjugate a verb for God's sake.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »
I thought that he had given up the game or did he say that he was quitting until the end of the term?

Brock Peyer

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
Do any of the prisons in Texas have golf courses?

?

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Where is Halliburton's corporate membership?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back