News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Swanson

Marquette GC August 1-3
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
I will be heading up to Marquette GC next weekend (August 1-3) for a weekend of golf up at Greywalls (3 rounds at Greywalls and one at the Heritage Course) and have room for 2 more.  My last invitation was met with a deafening silence, then ridicule by JakaB, so I hope I can do better enticing someone to take the long journey with us.  Our launching point for this trip will be Milwaukee on Friday morning.  PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,
Brad

Jim Colton

Re: Marquette GC August 1-3
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
Brad,

Does this mean no dice on Sunday Aug 10th?

Jim

Brad Swanson

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »
Hey Jim,
   I'm afraid so, which is a bummer.  I was hoping to show your group around the course, but it just wasn't in the cards to make it up there that weekend.  Hopefully you'll enjoy it so much you'll want to join us when we head up in the fall.  I'm hoping to get up there at least 2 more times after next weekend before the season ends.

Cheers,
Brad

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
Man I wish I could go...haven't been back to the homeland since March, and I hear things are absolutely perfect there.  Enjoy the trip and say hi to the gang for me...

Brad Swanson

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »
The one and only bump for this trip.

Cheers,
Brad

Phil McDade

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »
Brad:

In the interest of generating interest for this, I'll bump to the front. The first weekend in August, unfortunately, is the one weekend of the year that is for the near term booked permanently for me with other obligations. So, as much as I'd like to see Greywalls, and maybe do a side-trip to a nearby not-well-known Langford, I am out.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »
Have a great time up there and please post pix if you can.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
Brad,

Since it looks like you are going to be going it alone, again...I took the liberty of doing a dealer search for Maytag repairmen.  Looks like you are in luck as there is a store in Marquette.  American T V & Appl 2873 Us Hwy 41W, Marquette, MI 49855 - Phone: 906-228-7100

btw..What is the accompanied guest rate at Greywalls?

Brad Swanson

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »
Thanks so much for thinking of me John, but I'm actually making the trip with a friend from Milwaukee who is also a national member, so I won't be going it alone :0.  I believe the accompanied rate is $75 with a $50 replay rate, which is a pretty good deal in my book.

I appreciate the bump Phil.  I know there are a few other GCAers that will be going up there in the next few weeks and hopefully they'll report back with some opinions (good/bad) that may stir more interest in the future.  Its quite a haul to Marquette, but its well worth the trip. 

Brad

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »
Brad,

I recently bombed at an attempt to get a game in Indianapolis.  Maybe some time in 10191 travel will be easier and the lazy will play great golf with men like us.

Muad'Dib: Gurney, when the storm hits... set off the atomics. I want an opening through the entire Shield Wall. Stilgar, do we have wormsign?
Stilgar: Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back