News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Re: GCA Contest 2008: Who will win the Open Championship?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
Jimenez will beat Austin in a playoff.

VanDevelde will be in the top 10.

Mickelson will miss the cut as his career is clearly finished and everyone including his wife and kids and dog hate him. He will throw himself in front of a train. The bookies will understand and walk away from the gambling debts.

Sergio will finish T27.

Low major winner will be Ben Curtis.

All of the Argentenians will get sick eating at an all you can eat steakhouse and withdraw

Rich Lerner will terrorize us for the next 5 days with his imitation scots' brogue, as Brian Hewitt  tortures us with trite and hackneyed phrases

...and if any of these things happen at the British Open we'll tell you about it next time, on "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!"

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »
Scores for the Open:

Each of the following earned 1 point: Topp, Ewen, Gaskins, MacEwen, Kiser, Potts, Keenan, Towe, Gavrich, Wilson, Benham, Birkert, Mosley, Mitchell, King (bonus point for Furyk as low North American - worth a point).

3 points: Stewart.

4 points for a perfect slate: Pazin.

New standings with only the PGA Championship yet to be played:

4 points - Pazin, Stewart

3 points - Towe, Birkert

2 points - Hunt, Ewen, Gaskins, Benham

1 point - Krahenbuhl, Daley, Choi, Thompson, Pearce, Freeman, Rivando, Cohn, Bert, Dusic, Wagner, Kelly, Flemma, Lavin, Morrow, Peters, Topp, MacEwen, Kiser, Potts, Keenan, Gavrich, Wilson, Mosley, Mitchell, King
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:18:56 PM by Matt_Cohn »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
Great call George.  All Ireland is dancing tonight!!!  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Y-_JAjAwE
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:48 PM »
PS, everyone needs to sign their scorecard before they log off or else they will be disqualified.

George Pazin

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »
Woo hoo - a perhaps unprecedented last to first charge in the gca contests - consider my scorecard signed!

I am using my newfound celebrity to call for drug testing of all GCA contest participants. It is time we rid our site of the terrible, destructive influences of poster enhancing drugs, particularly the scourges of alcohol, weed and other mind altering substances.

And on a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where I can buy some clean urine?

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

james soper

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:01 PM »
1. harrington
2. norman
3. romero
next question

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »
1. harrington
2. norman
3. romero
next question

You got almost all of them right. Good job.   ;D

Doug Siebert

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »
Damn, now I don't feel so bad about never doing well in this contest.  Its so damn hard you can't even get them all correct with the benefit of hindsight!  :o
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back