News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Mike Sweeney

"4 Bars" in Mullen Nebraska
« on: July 30, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »
I have been getting emails updates from an Iphone (from the cabins, not the golf course) this week from Sand Hills GC. It apprears that real cellular coverage has arrived at Mullen.  :'(

No more "Hunny there is no cell service out there and my roomate will be sleeping" or "that proposal will go out next week".  :D

They keep chipping away at these Shrines of ours!

Should we blame the guys over at "that Nicklaus course"!!  ;)

Garland Bayley

Re: "4 Bars" in Mullen Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »
Should we blame the guys over at "that Nicklaus course"!!  ;)

Of course! Anyone who would join a Nicklaus course clearly has no common sense!
 ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Chuck Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
I will test the cell reception in Mullen tomorrow and Friday and, assuming I don't die from heat exhaustion, report back to all. 
Can you hear me now? ;D

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
I was there on July 15 - there's no cell phone reception anywhere but up on the hill to the right of Ben's Cabin - as I understand it there is a new Verizon tower and I have Verizon service. (I was calling the guys at Ballyneal to tell them we would be there for dinner and then off went the phone.)

George_Bahto

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
No more "Hunny there is no cell service out there and my roomate will be sleeping" or "that proposal will go out next week". 

oh nut's Mike
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »
Mike there should be no cells used there even if there is service. Some places are special and should remain pure.

Jason Hines

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:10:01 PM »
I thought this was going to be a thread about drinking establishments. :(  Having 4 bars in Mullen means they would have added two since the last time I was there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:12:39 PM by Jason Hines »

Chris Kurzner

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
No cell service for me there a few weeks ago except at the top of the hill by the driving range.

The wife has told me I should never go back because she can't reach me....yeah, that's the ticket.

Jed Peters

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »
Good to see we're doing our job.

:)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back