News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Remington (SBR)

Ben Crenshaw at Hidden Creek interview this Saturday
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »

Details below for program Saturday June 23.   You can tune in via the internet at WNTP 990 or www.golftalklive.com

Dear GolfTalk Live Listeners--

Announcing a very special GolfTalk Live exclusive interview this week!

Show host Tony Leodora caught up with professional golfer and golf course architect, Ben Crenshaw when he visited Hidden Creek GC in Egg Harbor Township, NJ last Friday. Crenshaw, along with his partner Bill Coore, designed Hidden Creek, which has been ranked among the best private golf clubs in the United States since its inception.

Crenshaw also takes an amazing look back at 1971 and 1981 U.S. Opens at Merion (he played in both) and 70's participation in the old IVB Classic at Whitemarsh Valley CC. This interview is one of the classics in GolfTalk Live archives.

To hear the entire exclusive interview with Ben Crenshaw listen to GolfTalk Live Saturday, June 23 from 7 to 8 a.m. on WNTP 990 AM or catch the show anytime by going to www.golftalklive.net .

Doug Braunsdorf

Re: Ben Crenshaw at Hidden Creek interview this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »
Damn, I leave town for one day and this is what I miss.
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
In one of those US Opens at Merion I believe Ben tied the competitive course record, did he not? I can't remember now what it was. If it was a 63 he did but it might've been a 64.

I believe the competitive record is still 63. The man who holds it is Jacques Houdry. He did it when he was a student at Princeton maybe back in the 1950s in what is known as the Bailey Cup.

But that's not even the record that most impresses me of Jacques Houdry's. Back then he shot thirteen STRAIGHT rounds under par----that's THIRTEEN STRAIGHT rounds in the 60s around Merion East. I know most people wouldn't have the opportunity to play thirteen straight rounds there but I doubt that record will ever be broken!

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
In one of those US Opens at Merion I believe Ben tied the competitive course record, did he not? I can't remember now what it was. If it was a 63 he did but it might've been a 64.

I believe the competitive record is still 63. The man who holds it is Jacques Houdry. He did it when he was a student at Princeton maybe back in the 1950s in what is known as the Bailey Cup.

But that's not even the record that most impresses me of Jacques Houdry's. Back then he shot thirteen STRAIGHT rounds under par----that's THIRTEEN STRAIGHT rounds in the 60s around Merion East. I know most people wouldn't have the opportunity to play thirteen straight rounds there but I doubt that record will ever be broken!

Well, if we pay the guest fee, we were told we can play...  ;)
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back