News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philippe Binette

Re: How honest are most golfers?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »
remember handicap is the 10 best rounds of your last 20...

if i follow that, I'm a 5, while I know that I'm a 8

Sean_A

Re: How honest are most golfers?
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »
I figure I would ask a question on this thread about the honesty of golfers after watching Sergio today. The question is regarding the rule that the official deemed legal. I was under the impression that when claiming a man made obstruction, you had to take your stance in the direction you intend to hit the ball. How is it then legal after the drop to turn around it hit it in a different direction. Is this how the rule is supposed to work?? If this is the case should the rule be changed so that is not allowed?? I think it should be changed.

Robert

Robert

To be fair, sometimes a favourable drop can change a guy's mind on what he will attempt for the next shot.  I don't know of a rule which prohibits someone from changing their minds.  For me, a better solution would be to keep the steps as an integral part of the course.  Why we feel that we should get a drop because we are next to steps etc is beyond me.  For instance, in the UK there seems to be a real divide between offering a drop off roads/paths or not.  While a guy may get screwed on a stoney path I still think it best to offer no free relief.  That is why I always found it strange that taking stones out of a bunker was very odd and I disagree with that as well.

Ciao

Sean,
Go one better.  Why are the steps there in the first place?

Michael

Is it a favourite spot for skinny dippers????

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back