News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Need some ideas or suggestions on where to play....
« on: July 07, 2008, 12:33:17 AM »
Well I have off from work the week of the 19th of July. Me and the boys were supposed to go on a golf trip but things have fallen through. So it looks like I'll be solo and need a new place to play. I looked at the airfares out of Newark with the best rates and shortest travel times and came up with the following courses that I could make it to. The rate to traverse city is good but I'm not sure if Kingsley club is still allowing outside play at all. Anyone know?? I went up last June and played kingsley and Arcadia. I had a blast and loved kingsley. I would do that again solo if I can get on kingsley. I also can get to Marquette cheap and have heard great things about Greywalls. I also was thinking primland as its a quick flight and I'm interested to see how good it is. So what would you guys do? If you have any other ideas or options give me a shout.

Thanks,
Brad

cary lichtenstein

Re: Need some ideas or suggestions on where to play....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:46:04 AM »
WHY GO BACK TO A PLACE UNTIL U HAVE EXHASTED ALL COURSES, TRY nOVA sCOTIA, CAPE BRETON HIGHLANDS
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:54:02 AM »
Dont laugh but I made a deal with my buddy that I wont play there with out him. I know, horrible but a pact is a pact. I think we have five course left on the list that we must play together.....

astavrides

Re: Need some ideas or suggestions on where to play.... New
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 03:57:15 AM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:13:54 AM by astavrides »

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50:59 AM »
lol..... yea that did come out sounding rather gay didn't it. I should have worded that better it seems..........
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:03:34 AM by Brad Fleischer »

JWinick

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:03:01 AM »
Just saw that the Kingsley Club was rated #18 on Golfweek's post-1960 ranking, but didn't make the Golf Digest Top 100.   I have not yet played the course and would love to play it some day, but how can there be such a difference between the rankings?   

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
If you have to return to Kingsley (certainly not a dismal prospect, right?), there are other courses you can tack on in the area.  I really like Forest Dunes over in Roscommon.

I think if you get on the KC website, there's a phone number to call the GM and see if they are taking some limited outside play.  Sometimes those nifty cabins are available to stay as well.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
Definitley not a dismal prospect. Getting on is another matter. I loved the place ,to the extent i'm still seriously considering joining. At the time they were offering a kind of trial membership that I should have taken on the spot. If it's still being offered I think now I would jump on it. Has anyone been up to Primland yet ? Thoughts ?  I am also intrigued by greywalls .  Anyone play there recently?

Brad
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:23:32 PM by Brad Fleischer »

Brian Cenci

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:36:26 PM »
If you're going to head to Northern Michigan, which by the way Greywalls is in the U.P. which is 4.5 hours north of Traverse City, then my suggestions would be Kinglsey, Greywalls, Arcadia, Forest Dunes, Tullymore.  Obviously Crystal Downs, if you have some connection would top that list.  If you're flying into like Lansing area: Eagle Eye, Lost Dunes and Dunes Club...Tullymore.....are great options within about 2 hours from Lansing.

-Brian

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:48:41 PM »
Brian: thanks for the info will look into some of ur recommendations.

Have found some good things about greywalls on the board but nothing really new. Anyone up there recently? Conditions etc??

Brad

Brian Cenci

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 12:27:54 PM »
Brad,
     I'm a national member there at Greywalls but haven't been up there yet this year.  Condition wise it is always solid.  Brian Sleeman, who is on this board a lot, may know for certain how it is doing.

-Brian

Brad Swanson

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
Brad,
   I was up at Greywalls for a long weekend about a month ago and the course was in fantastic shape.       It is a great course to play several times in one trip as local knowledge gained from your 1st couple of rounds make the following rounds much more enjoyable.

Brad

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back