News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Re: Longshadow Golf Club
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:08 PM »
And I got to eat some good Georgia grits for breakfast! Hmmm---yuck!

Tom - Grits are corn. How do you eat your corn? Salt? Pepper? Butter? The same with grits. You folks up North call it polenta... but, it's grits.

And it's GOOD!!!

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »
Longshadow is one of those courses that sends you home thinking about the strategy you will employ the next time you play there. Not enough courses do that these days.

How's the water situation at Longshadow. A while back they were restricted to just watering the greens enough to keep them alive, with no water for the fairways. I assume that has changed?

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
What happened to the big rocks in the pond to the right of #16?
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

TEPaul

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »
"Tom - Grits are corn. How do you eat your corn?"

Michael Whitaker:

They are? I didn't know that! I love corn, always have. Well, shit man, why did you wait until now to tell me grits were corn? You shoulda told me that about 50-60 years ago! If you had I have no doubt I coulda made grits a staple of the yankees too. 

Jim Thompson

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
The 6th is so much better short.  That green is perfect for a par 3.7 or 5.4 but loses its greatness as a par 4.  I hope this serves as a great reminder to all that in a very short period of time, the architect's intent can be lost by poor management decisions.  It is a shame that, at times, folks project it toward the archy.
Jim Thompson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back