News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Cenci

What are your thought on Erin Hills?
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
What is everyones thoughts on Erin Hills?  I played it for the first time yesterday and overall I thought it was a good course.  SOme of the things I liked were the bunkering, variety of holes and green condition & speed.  SOme of the things I didn't like were the number of blind tee shots and blind par 3's, course condition from tee to green (patchy grass, bare areas, standing water everywhere) and the amount of target golf out there.
     As I said, it is a good course IMO...probably on the cusp of Top 100 modern or top 60 public, but what did you all think?  Similar likes & dislikes?

Brad Swanson

Re: What are your thought on Erin Hills?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24:26 AM »
Brain,
   I live a little over an hour away from Erin Hills and haven't been inspired to play there yet for the rates they are charging.  I know you have played MGC/Greywalls several times.  Which do you think is a better course?  Which would you rather play on a regular or semi-regular basis?

Cheers,
Brad

Brian Cenci

Re: What are your thought on Erin Hills?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »
It is overpriced IMO too.  As far as comparing it with Greywalls I would say the feel is somewhat the same with rolling topography and wider and expansive fairways.  Greywalls is a better course.  If I were to have 10 rounds I would say 7 to 3 for Greywalls.  I almost got the feeling that Erin Hills was really trying to almost too hard with some of the holes and such where as Greywalls flows very well.

-Brian

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back