News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin Pallier

Re: What golf course is this
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
It sounds like we're being baited to say WFE, so I'll say RME.

RME is twice as is RMW

James Bennett

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »
Kevin

RMW goes from one paddock to the other, and back.  Two crossings.

RME involves three paddocks.  1 to 2, then 2 to 3, then back to 2, then back to 1.  Four crossings.

Well done Mark Bourgeois.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

John Sheehan

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »
Mid Ocean

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 12:23:24 AM »
Kevin

RMW goes from one paddock to the other, and back.  Two crossings.

RME involves three paddocks.  1 to 2, then 2 to 3, then back to 2, then back to 1.  Four crossings.

Well done Mark Bourgeois.

James B

James

My mistake (apologies to Mark) I forgot about the "little" crossing to the back paddock (oops)  :-[

KP

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
I'm shocked that no one has guessed the golf course.

It's only got two par 5"s.

It's a wonderfully sporty golf course.

Hint:

The 8th hole has a ridge running across the fairway, named, "senility" ridge, meaning that, if you can't get past that ridge with your drive, you're in that category.

Tim Bert

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »
Yale fits the bill on all accounts except that I don't think a road is crossed 4 times.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 11:15:43 AM »
Yale fits the bill on all accounts except that I don't think a road is crossed 4 times.

Then it doesn't fit the bill.

It's not Yale.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:57 AM »
I've crossed four roads during a single round of golf -- but never all in-bounds.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

mark chalfant

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »
The   Creek   or Myopia   ?

Jim Nugent

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »
A guess, since I know next to nothing about them, except there is an east, a west, some roads, and some sportiness:  one of the Merion courses, like Merion West. 

TEPaul

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »
Quote from: TEPaul on Yesterday at 01:03:44 pm
"My error,
Cross roads four (4) times"

Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? I realize it's hard for you to count to four, but really!!
It's Piping Rock and the course crosses a road five times not four, you Crazy Cluck!

"TE,

This time I think I got the road count correct.

It's not Piping Rock."

Patrick, you're completely hopeless. You do not have the road count correct, it's not four road crossings, it's five road crossings, and it most certainly is Piping Rock. You really do need to depend on me for everything. It's gotten so bad I now have to tell you what course you're thinking of because it seems you have that wrong too!!!!

PS:
I've heard of "senility ridge" but after six bouts of Lyme disease I've gotten a touch of senility myself and I've momentarily forgotten where "seniltiy ridge" is but I'm quite sure it isn't on the 8th hole of Piping Rock, I think it's probably the 18th hole of Piping Rock. That's the hole with the tee near Macdonald's Gate that skirts along Peconic Bay, right?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:35:45 PM by TEPaul »

TEPaul

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »
OK, Patrick, no more screwing around here. I've had a sudden flash of clarity and I've got it, no question about it at all.

It's WESTHAMPTON G.C., you dumb DoDo!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:58:24 PM by TEPaul »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »

OK, Patrick, no more screwing around here. I've had a sudden flash of clarity and I've got it, no question about it at all.

It's WESTHAMPTON G.C., you dumb DoDo!

I claim a FOUL !

When we spoke last night I told you that I was on the East end of Long Island this weekend.

Westhampton it is.

It's a wonderfully sporty golf course with wide fairways, interesting green contours and complexes, excellent bunkering and plenty of WIND.

Unfortunately, it lives in a tough neighborhood, with NGLA, Southampton, Shinnecock, Sebonack, Friar's Head, Atlantic, Maidstone and Easthampton.

If Westhampton were in other select locations it would be hailed as one of the best courses in the State.

Anyone who's played it can attest to the fun of the experience

TEPaul

Re: What golf course is this New
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
"I claim a FOUL !
When we spoke last night I told you that I was on the East end of Long Island this weekend."

Yes, that's true. I'm quite the little amateur investigator, aren't I?    8)

And you're right, the course is all you said about it. I think I've told this before but I played in their annual member/guest one time----a whole bunch of bond traders and wild men who never seemed to want to go to bed (that was the time I met and played with The RAT). Anyway, the pro informed me it was the second biggest member/guest in America. I said something to him like; "Yeah, well, so what?" He said that's the good news but the bad news is you and your partner tee off first tomorrow at 5:47am!!!! I said; "Well, shit, I've played a lot of tournment golf and I've gotten some real early tee times but I don't think I've ever teed off before in the 6 o'clock hour much less the 5 o'clock hour so this is one I can tell my grandchildren, the only problem is I won't be having any grandchildren to tell this to." We could see but the sun didn't come up until we got to about the third hole. There really wasn't any reason to even go to bed with a tee time that early so I just hung out all night with those wild men and revved up bond traders.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 08:53:32 PM by TEPaul »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
TEPaul,

Mike Rewinski, the superintendent at Westhampton used to post on GCA.com.

His "need for speed" thread was quite interesting.

I wish he'd return.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back