News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Geoffrey_Walsh

Abenakee - Another Maine 9 hole gem
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
I had the pleasure to walk this 9 hole course built around the turn of the century.  The toughest part is not finding it (and that is very difficult) but parking.  THERE IS NO PARKING LOT because the only people that play the course live nearby.  That may be the coolest thing that I have seen since finding out Myopia doesn't have a bartender because someone figured it out it would be cheaper to have an honor system for the bar even if people took some of the booze...

The course is located in Biddeford Pool, Maine.  Pull that up on Google Maps and you will see how extraordinary the location is out on the peninsula.

1st tee:

How about this opening fairway:

5th and 7th (?):

6th hole (out on point):

9th hole (notice the square bunkers):

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:42:52 PM by Geoffrey_Walsh »

Dean Paolucci

Re: Abenakee - Another Maine 9 hole gem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 10:17:51 PM »
Geoffrey_Walsh - I really enjoy playing Abenakee.  The people are fabulous and the course is very intriguing.  The views of the Atlantic and the artillery placements are absolutely spectacular.  I most like the fact that they are so junior golf friendly.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back