News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Provenzano

Re: Wild Rock - Wisconsin
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »
Jim,

I didn't end up playing this past weekend.  They were simply charging too much money out there, $125 for non-resort guests, plus I had a golf opportunity open up for Monday morning.  They had a $95 twilight rate after 3:00, but that was still too much and too late to work logistically for me.  I checked the online tee times and they were only 20% full for the day on Sunday.  I gotta believe the area is hurting.  I just didn't feel compelled to pay full fare out there.  I'll try to go back during the week, but probably not until next year.

Not really worth starting a new topic, but I played Wild Rock today and the prices have dropped. As resort guests we paid $69 for a morning tee time, afternoon times were available to anyone on-line at $49, and a replay would have been $39.

This area has had a lot of rain recently, but the course seemed to handle it well--except for the tees. They were universally swampy, and finding a spot with decent, secure footing was difficult. It's a visually interesting (sometimes stunningly so) course throughout, though ultimately the greens and approach shots beat up we three mid/high handicappers pretty badly. Driving corridors were wide and forgiving on most holes, though if it were drier we may have rolled into more trouble.

Pace of play was an issue--even with multiple marshals and GPS tracking the groups in front of us we took 5:20 to play (cart path only.) This was on a weekday with maybe 15 cars in the parking lot.

I will play it again as long as it's priced in the sub-$100 range.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back